Figure 8 loop via Jones Peak SE Ridge

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
JMunaretto

Post by JMunaretto »

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Nicely done.

Good luck exploring that ridge that connects to Hastings Peak - looks like pure bushwhackery to me, plus both Bailey and Hastings Canyon are technical and are not good bail out options.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Excellent Joe!

A couple of us are going to do the Bailey Cyn - Jones Peak - Mt Wilson
Trail loop tomorrow. Thanks for the pics.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Hey, Joe,

So this is a different site than your usual blog, yes? And it mentions something about a native Californian and you're from out of state. So are a guest poster on that blog or ?

HJ
JMunaretto

Post by JMunaretto »

HikeUp wrote:Nicely done.

Good luck exploring that ridge that connects to Hastings Peak - looks like pure bushwhackery to me, plus both Bailey and Hastings Canyon are technical and are not good bail out options.
Well the lower portion has some clear use trails that go away, so I would just plan on going up as far as feasible to still be able to turn around. Will play it safe.

Hikin_Jim wrote:Hey, Joe,

So this is a different site than your usual blog, yes? And it mentions something about a native Californian and you're from out of state. So are a guest poster on that blog or ?

HJ
Yeah that is the site my hiking friend is building. It's too much work for me to create my own, might as well 'join forces'. So posts by me should be under 'Zé'
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

JMunaretto wrote:Yeah that is the site my hiking friend is building. It's too much work for me to create my own, might as well 'join forces'. So posts by me should be under 'Zé'
Very cool. :) Good sources of detailed info always welcome.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

JMunaretto wrote:
HikeUp wrote:Nicely done.

Well the lower portion has some clear use trails that go away, so I would just plan on going up as far as feasible to still be able to turn around. Will play it safe.
So when are you planning on trying the south ridge of Hastings?
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

dunno yet. I think my hiking friend John may explore it next Sat, but I won't be in town.