POSSIBLY THE TRUTH TO WHY OUR SEASONS ARE CHANGING

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

The Earth's Axis has tilted recently increasing the tilt an additional 26 degrees. This is pretty interesting. Shows some of the reasons why and the effects:

http://www.divulgence.net/
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

EnFuego wrote:The Earth's Axis has tilted recently increasing the tilt an additional 26 degrees. This is pretty interesting. Shows some of the reasons why and the effects:

http://www.divulgence.net/
That's the dumbest thing I've heard all year!!! :D
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

26 degrees? sounds like global coolering to me. L.A. basin will be covered with a glacier before you know it.

Now I'm the dumbest thing I've heard this year :D
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Wow, where do they come up with this stuff? :lol:

Thanks for the good laugh!
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

I think it's a direct results of all the people going up Ice House Saddle at the same time - :D it put too much leverage on the West Coast causing the earth to tilt to the left.

If it had been 45% we could be sitting on the Equator Hiking Downhill to the top of Baldy?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

lilbitmo wrote:I think it's a direct results of all the people going up Ice House Saddle at the same time - :D it put too much leverage on the West Coast causing the earth to tilt to the left.

If it had been 45% we could be sitting on the Equator Hiking Downhill to the top of Baldy?
The problem with the whole thing is that the Earth is obviously flat. If it tipped like they said, we would all have fallen off. 8)
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

AlanK wrote:
lilbitmo wrote:I think it's a direct results of all the people going up Ice House Saddle at the same time - :D it put too much leverage on the West Coast causing the earth to tilt to the left.

The problem with the whole thing is that the Earth is obviously flat. If it tipped like they said, we would all have fallen off. 8)
What, am I the only one on the floor self-arresting?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

bertfivesix wrote:
AlanK wrote:

What, am I the only one on the floor self-arresting?
Bert - It's what you get for living on the edge! :wink:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Actually, we're in the phase of the earth's life cycle that's like a top running out of steam. The wobble will increase until entropy causes us to fall over on our side. One side of the earth will be a furnace, the other a frigid waste. The only habitable portion of the earth will be on the thin edge of the permanent day/night boundry. Boy, talk about living on the edge!
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Actually, we're in the phase of the earth's life cycle that's like a top running out of steam. The wobble will increase until entropy causes us to fall over on our side. One side of the earth will be a furnace, the other a frigid waste. The only habitable portion of the earth will be on the thin edge of the permanent day/night boundry. Boy, talk about living on the edge!
I will eschew the crowded middle band, instead roaming the outer deserts of the habitable zone. I will control the spice.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Jim, sounds like Ryloth in Star Wars!

*hits himself for being an insanely nerdy Star Wars fan*
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

bertfivesix wrote:I will eschew the crowded middle band, instead roaming the outer deserts of the habitable zone. I will control the spice.
May your chrys knife chip and shatter.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Wow! Can't pull one over on this site. :lol:

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PSEUDOSC/49Degrees.HTM
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

EnFuego wrote:Wow! Can't pull one over on this site. :lol:
That does not mean that one should not at least try!
:D
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

AlanK wrote:
EnFuego wrote:Wow! Can't pull one over on this site. :lol:
That does not mean that one should not at least try!
:D
I did same thing on a fishing forum, and you wouldn't belive the numbers of believers. Are fisherman dumber than hikers? :lol: Wait....did I say the right? :P