Using the Quote Key

Comments & questions about this site.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

How does one properly use the quote key? When I have used it I can only get the word:
Quote:
and then the quoted text box.

How does one write in the quoted person's name such as:
Travis wrote:
and then have the quoted text box appear?

I must be missing something fairly obvious. Thanks.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Mike P wrote:How does one properly use the quote key? When I have used it I can only get the word:
Quote:

Travis wrote:

I am such a knucklehead. I was trying to use the quote key in the 'Post a reply' when I should have used the quote button in the original post. Doh!
Travis

Post by Travis »

Mike P wrote:
Mike P wrote:How does one properly use the quote key? When I have used it I can only get the word:
Quote:

Travis wrote:

I am such a knucklehead. I was trying to use the quote key in the 'Post a reply' when I should have used the quote button in the original post. Doh!
lol
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Travis wrote:
Mike P wrote:
Quote:

Travis wrote:

lol
I've forgotten more than you will ever remember.
Taco

Post by Taco »

brian90620

Post by brian90620 »

How do you quote multiple people in a post. :? I know how to quote a singe person by hitting the quote key next to someones post, but how do u quote multiple posts......I know it's probably really simple but I must be really stupid since I can't figure it out :twisted:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Mike P wrote:
Quote:

Travis wrote:

Travis wrote:
Mike P wrote:
Quote:

Travis wrote:

lol
brian90620 wrote:How do you quote multiple people in a post. :? I know how to quote a singe person by hitting the quote key next to someones post, but how do u quote multiple posts......I know it's probably really simple but I must be really stupid since I can't figure it out :twisted:
I just do a lot of copy and paste. For instance, hit the quote button on the first post then I copy that stuff. Go back to the original Subject page then quote the next post. Paste your first post into the second message body then copy all of that material.... go back to your next post and hit the quote button again... then paste into that message body again...and so on... You can then write your comments between the quoted material.

Did that make sense? I betcha' someone has a much easier way to do this :)