Nordhoff Peak via Pratt Trail

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Made my way up the Pratt Trail to the summit of Nordhoff Peak in the Los Padres on Sunday. Beautiful day to be out and about with the clouds rolling in.

Trip Report if you're interested here:

http://wildsouthland.blogspot.com/2015/ ... -peak.html
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Shweet!
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Nordhoff is on my list, but it is a freakin haul from south OC. I think the slowest part of the trail is on the 405 around LAX.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

tekewin wrote: Nordhoff is on my list, but it is a freakin haul from south OC. I think the slowest part of the trail is on the 405 around LAX.
Truth. :lol:

Throw yer sleeping bag in the car and come up a day early. We'll camp out somewhere then hit Nordhoff the next day. I wouldn't mind going up by way of the Gridley Trail if you're into it. Should go before summer because it's south facing and will get super hot.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Yeah, maybe we can work something out. I don't know anything about the different routes, but there's time to figure it out.
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

tekewin wrote: Yeah, maybe we can work something out. I don't know anything about the different routes, but there's time to figure it out.
up pratt down gridley across shelf road back to pratt is a nice circuit for a day.

there are many great hikes in the immediate area - and from rose valley, a 30 minute drive from ojai, there are even more.

the definitive book of the southern los padres is:

http://www.craigrcarey.net/trail-guide/

if you're going to spend more time here, consider the beard bundle - it is a great value.