THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments & questions about this site.
Taco

Post by Taco »

HOLY CRAP!

Okay, I don't know where to start, so I'll just talk. Saying "thank you" doesn't feel right, because it doesn't feel awesome enough to explain just how amazing this all is! I feel so spoiled by having all of you as friends. I get to go on trips I could never afford alone with awesome people to awesome places, and have an amazing time with great memories and everything. I've been a lot of places in my short time and seen a lot of negative stuff, and the kindness you've all displayed so far outweighs that negativity in the world that it's just so damn amazing. I don't know how to put it into words. To put it politically correctly and kindly, you guys fucking rock!!!!

I don't feel I do enough work on this forum to make up for all the kindness you've all shown me, so I'll bust out some pushups!!! :-)

I had a blast at the party in New Jack City, and I hope everyone else did as well! I have a bit of a hangover right now, so I can't really move with any appreciable momentum (thanks Ty! Those Belgians are gone, and they were amazing!!!!).

Now, I was thinking... now that I have money, I would like to upgrade the forum with a real URL, and all that. I honestly don't have any idea how to go about doing this. I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate the incredible contribution you've all made to freeing the Nigerian Prince I MEAN to me, and so now that I'm not in the hole so-to-speak, I want to get this forum up to the next step. Mitch?

Again, THANK YOU GUYS SO FRIGGIN' MUCH!!!!!!!!! I never would have expected this ambush of kindness!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
everyday

Post by everyday »

I only donated cause i cant afford a harness of my own, and knew if you got a new one, then there'd be a spare I could use. so my reasons were totally selfish :wink:
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

I can't imagine how much time and effort it takes to keep a good board running. Thanks for all that you do!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Ryan, you've earned it! Thanks for everything!

(It's the least we could do, because we always do the least! :D )
titanhangman

Post by titanhangman »

Dude, forget the forum. Buy yourself some climbing gear. Thanks for all you do! :D
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Ryan,

The look on your face when everyone showered you with the gifts was well worth the effort to get out there and I would not have missed it for the world, we all greatly appreciate you're keeping the board up and running and for not letting it get out of hand when a topic get's "Let's say" a little sideways :shock: :D .

I want to also thank Johanna and Zach for putting together the gift idea and organizing that part, they did something very special and made our giving that much easier.

And it was my very first time on "Rock" (other than smoking it back in the 80's :shock: more about that later) I mean rock climbing and I was very grateful to be around 8 to 10 people that were really good at it and some rookies like myself so I felt really comfortable doing it for the first time, I'll be doing much more of that in the future :shock: .

Lastly, thanks Fritz for the super good carnie asada "Taco's" you rock and it was nice meeting all the other people that showed up to make Ryan's psuedo birthday a blast - nice work everyone, that includes all you generous gift giving animals :D

P. S. Ty, you are the only guy that has shown a bunch of men "your rack" then left and that's all they could talk about :wink: :roll: :shock: (that will have them all scratching their heads for awhile)
Burchey

Post by Burchey »

It's the least we could do as a group, Taco. Enjoy.

Schneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Zach

Post by Zach »

Pictures are always worth a thousand words:

Sporting the new harness and rope.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Sexy!

:shock:

Just kidding. Enjoy it - you earned it! :D
norma r

Post by norma r »

:D sweet dreams are made of these...

you're welcome! now will you stop yelling at me??? :wink:

sorry i missed the bash. would love to help you break in that rope. when are we going climbing???
Taco

Post by Taco »

Let's go soon! Patrick needs some more laps!
MattCav

Post by MattCav »

I wasn't aware of this gathering but would love to take this opportunity to thank you for putting together this forum, Ryan. It's been a blessing to me and I'm really thankful for this community.
Johnny Bronson

Post by Johnny Bronson »

yeeeeeeehawwww =D Great time had by all!
simonov

Post by simonov »

Taco wrote: Now, I was thinking... now that I have money, I would like to upgrade the forum with a real URL, and all that. I honestly don't have any idea how to go about doing this. I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate the incredible contribution you've all made to freeing the Nigerian Prince I MEAN to me, and so now that I'm not in the hole so-to-speak, I want to get this forum up to the next step. Mitch?
We had this conversation twice before I think. Search around a little and find the threads.

Basically, here are the steps:

1. Find hosting. I recommend Liquid Web for that. We already have a URL, eispiraten.com, if you like that. It's parked in a GoDaddy account and forwards to this forum. Once things are underway we can transfer the domain to another account (though that means paying the registrar again). And/or you can come up with another domain.

2. Convert the MyForum database to a new mySQL forum on the new hosted site. Forum compatibility will determine which forum software we use (probably PHPBB).

4. Maybe put a front end on the site, using some kind of CMS or blogging software, like Wordpress. The latter is very easy to set up. Several members, like Ze and Sam, have a lot of experience with this, I think.

5. Give away stickers and sell tee-shirts.

6. . . .

7. Profit!
Nunc est bibendum