There's a bench on Hastings Peak

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
David R
OG of the SG

Post by David R »

When they put cairns on the top of peaks, I was good with it.

When I saw tons of ducks leading people through difficult sections of trail, I was good with it.

When people left sign in cannisters on peaks, I was good with it.

When people made wooden signs of the peaks and took lame ass pictures of themselves holding the sign and posting on Insta, I was good with it.

Benches, no I'm not good with it, mic drop.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

I've relaxed and had a meal sitting on the bench atop Jones Peak, only sat on the plentiful rocks on top of Hastings.
I don't like so many cairns around. Seriously, this one on the Monroe Truck Trail is unnecessary.
IMG_7928.jpg
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Haha.

There's a nice bench on Circle Mountain. ;)

I can live without em though!
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

David R wrote: When I saw tons of ducks leading people through difficult sections of trail, I was good with it.
Enjoy this relaxing video of ducks on a trail.
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Very cool!

By the time I discovered hiking, I was a long-time birder...so when I first read about ducks marking trails, I wondered, "What keeps them from wandering off?"

I liked trail ducks except the ones on Twin Peak East...there were so many, couldn't tell which one I should head toward next...they actually briefly got me lost on the way back down to the saddle between there and Waterman (no problem finding the saddle, but had trouble finding the trail back up to Waterman because following the wrong ducks led me too far east)...Twin Peak West was the first place I saw mountain goats...

Thanks for the posts and video!

oldcoot