Bison & Foxes

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

Seen these Island animals on my visit to Catalina last Tuesday

I was approximately 50ft or so passing by this beast!
Bison

Fox

oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Nice pix! Love the buff's tail over the yellow guy line...

Back when I could still pass a flight physical, I flew the family plane to Catalina more than 500 times over 40+ years. Did a lot of hiking there, including once from the airport down to White's Landing, stuck toe in ocean, then up to island high point Mount Orizaba, and back to airport (unfortunately, understand that's all off-limits now). Saw lots of buffs. But the only fox I ever saw was one they had in a cage at the airport for a brief time…so I'm very impressed that you found 'em in the wild! Excellent!

Thanks to you, Sean (and, well, everyone here) for all the great adventures…really appreciate them!

oldcoot
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

oldcoot wrote: Nice pix! Love the buff's tail over the yellow guy line...

Back when I could still pass a flight physical, I flew the family plane to Catalina more than 500 times over 40+ years. Did a lot of hiking there, including once from the airport down to White's Landing, stuck toe in ocean, then up to island high point Mount Orizaba, and back to airport (unfortunately, understand that's all off-limits now). Saw lots of buffs. But the only fox I ever saw was one they had in a cage at the airport for a brief time…so I'm very impressed that you found 'em in the wild! Excellent!

Thanks to you, Sean (and, well, everyone here) for all the great adventures…really appreciate them!

oldcoot

Thanks for the nice comments! I hope to do some more hiking on Catalina Island soon!
We actually seen 3 foxes that day but was only able to capture a picture of one of them :)

Here is one more!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

saw
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

What he said!
HikeUp wrote: saw