San Diego: Tijuana Valley River Park

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Got a visit to see the most trashed up route in Socal. I was curious to see how that would compare to the worst of the San Gabes, and this one easily outtrashed the gabes by a wide margin. I would give the final score as Tijuana River 250, West Fork SG river at North Fork 14.

Yet, at the same time there was a lot to say for it. The newly developed area around the water is well kept and to see more trash you have to go off trail and try to follow old smuggling routes.

The first notion something is amiss is the fact that there is farmland runoff on the American side....joining with the river coming from Mexico. Can be quite the uninviting place as the border patrol doesnt like visitors...albeit a nice start to most trashed up place DESPITE many cleanups.

The sign for the park. My small gripe here is that this is the only sign found throughtout so its difficult to know where you are since there is no "you are here" sticker.

Viewing area

The marsh water looks cool, but is polluted, but the wildlife doesnt seem to mind

Trail travel

Kind of humorous to me. The trail has a design so as not be too close to the water so a casual hiker wouldnt know the water was trashed.

Pretty much a jungle in some sections.

Before cleanup:
Taco

Post by Taco »

NICE!

So are you supposed to shoot through those holes in the viewing thing?
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Trash bonanza! That's tra$hi with a $ and an i!
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Maybe they could post a cleaned-up picture on the fence that is directly in front of the bench.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda