4 Mile Trail to Panorama to JMT

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
everyday

Post by everyday »

went for a nice easy walk and jog this morning.(easy compared to Snow Creek trail, that ones alot steeper than 4 mile trail) I started here in the Valley. went up the 4 mile trail to the top of Glacier Point. then jogged down Panorama Trail, across Illilouette Falls bridge to the John Muir Trail, and down past Nevada falls to Happy Isles an' home. took a lil over 4 hrs. was 14.5 miles with 8000+ft elevation gain. Garmin link with all that map info is at the bottom of this post below my pics, like always. The weather was really neat . ide never taken a couple of these trails, so i took my time lookin at neat stuff. itsa fun lil easy-training day loop. started it just befor 8am, and was home by 1pm without even trying. heres the pix!

yosemite falls

now the suns gone, El Capitan in clouds

half dome from the back

Melvin! the adventure squirrel!

Glacier Point apron and Yo' falls in the backround

Nevada Falls from above today

heres the "timing n scoring" GARMIN link

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/308954574
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Nice. Decided to trade in the little red Ferrari backpack, did you?

What's the blue thing in the first photo? A waist pack?

HJ
atomicoyote

Post by atomicoyote »

Is might just be the distance & cloud cover in the picture, but does anyone else think that the flow going down Yosemite Falls looks a little weak for May? It might go dry in the fall.
everyday

Post by everyday »

@ Hikin jim -the blue thing is just a hand-holdy-strap on the waterbottle so u dont drop it. and its got a small pouch fo chapstick and a key. like these

http://nathansports.com/our-products/hy ... kdraw-plus

and yeah. i needed a proper lightweight runnin pack. mines the Deuter Speed Lite 10. its a good pack, its got side pockets for your squirrel :)

and @ atomicoyote, it does go dry in the fall, most of the falls here do. It was dry here last year by august, the tourists were pretty upset about it , like its our fault , lol, damn city folk.
everyday

Post by everyday »

RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Yosemite Falls were dry when we were there in September, 2008. We do I see about getting a refund of my admission fee? :wink:
everyday

Post by everyday »

well, if you come here again, tell em youre visiting an employee, and ill sign the paper they give you, and youll get in free/get refund. (friends of employees get in free)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

everyday wrote: the Deuter Speed Lite 10. its a good pack, its got side pockets for your squirrel :)
Well, there you go! All the important features.
everyday wrote: and @ atomicoyote, it does go dry in the fall, most of the falls here do. It was dry here last year by august, the tourists were pretty upset about it , like its our fault , lol, damn city folk.
I heard it went dry because the employees were taking too long in the shower. ;)

Falls look good to me, but then I'm comparing them to what I've been seeing in the local mountains here in terms of flow (very low here).

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

AW~

Post by AW~ »

I might have seen something about a fee last time I was there. Cant really say because it was pitch black..about 5am. Past this booth looking thingy that was abandoned for all I know. 8)

Note: If someone is offended by my joke...I did have a yearly pass....that I bought :lol:

Nice pics as usual everyday.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Good Lord Almighty ED. 8600 ft. of elevation gain on a nice easy jog? That's some serious chit.
everyday

Post by everyday »

ya, its not very steep though, so that makes it easy. compared to Snow Creek trail or the Grand Canyon, those trails gain 1000ft per mile, 100ft every 10th consistently, thats hard. This ele gain on my new route gains and loses that 8000ft over a long distance, with downhills and flat parts in between for a chance of some recovery from all the UP. so, comparatively, its easy. Just depends on what youre used to. Running down and up in the grand canyon all the time for 14 months when i lived there a year ago kinda makes everything seem easier now! ha. ...and alse, at the GC i was living and running at 6900ft elevation everyday, here in yosemite im only at 3800ft. so theres lots more 02, and more shade so that = easier :)