How come the forum is still on Standard Time?

Comments & questions about this site.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

How come the forum is still on Standard Time? Is the software using the old dates for DST? Will it correct itself in a week or so?
Taco

Post by Taco »

Something like that.

I'd fix it if I knew how; if it's possible.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Today, in the middle of a hike, I noticed that my GPS was still on standard time.
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

My GPS does the same thing. Ever since they moved up day light savings time, my GPS is off by and hour for a few weeks. There doesn't seem to be anyway to change the time on it.
pilot

Post by pilot »

If you have a Garmin, you might be able to force the DST setting from "Auto" to "On" in the settings menu. That's what I did on my 60CS to correct the time.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

If any user wants to be on Pacific Daylight Time, he need only go into his Profile and set the time preference to GMT - 7 hours (the default is GMT - 8 hours, which is Pacific Standard Time). Any user can use any time he wants to use.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Yes, but wouldn't you be an hour ahead in a week or two thereafter when we hit the old DST cutover date?

I guess you could just adjust it again. LOL. Pretty high tech. We've got this vast, sophisticated internet out there, but we're still setting the time by hand. :lol:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

GMT is fixed. Unless I'm missing something, if your profile says "GMT - 7 hours" you are on PDT until you decide to change it. Maybe the Moderators can change the defaults, but the user prefence should trump that.
Taco

Post by Taco »

GMT/ZULU FTW!
phydeux

Post by phydeux »

Hikin_Jim wrote:How come the forum is still on Standard Time? Is the software using the old dates for DST? Will it correct itself in a week or so?
Are you trying to travel Around the World in 80 days? :D
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Um, well, I was hoping I could have Sundays off... :D