Denali Trip Report with pictures

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
Cy Kaicener

Post by Cy Kaicener »

Do you remember the guys that spent four days on Snow Creek and then had to be rescued. They made it to the summit of Denali :)
http://mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?p=13760#13760
simonov

Post by simonov »

Cy Kaicener wrote:Do you remember the guys that spent four days on Snow Creek and then had to be rescued.
I was awoken by helicopters outside of our tent. I waved to them to let them know I was “ok” and I packed up and went to make the summit. Again Chris didnt want to get out of the tent and I found myself waiting a extra 30 min for him for the 4th day in a row. I started climbing the wall that we went up the following night and wanted to get to the top and walk the ridge line to the summit. The Ice was frozen but it was a steep climb to the top. The Chopper spotted me agin and I did the same thumbs up and said I was ok. they droppped some water and I thought that was it. I continued to climb and spotted two rescue guys. I told them I was fine, then they laid it on me telling me that my family etc.. has been worried sick calling non-stop etc.. It was here I knew I had to cut my losses of the summit and let eveyone know that I was fine. I took a chopper ride out when I was about 3 hours away from the summit. I got back down and was bombarded by news cameras etc… I couldnt believe what was going on, I was just hungry…I nailed some subway and then sizzler . . . I got alot of rough edges to smooth out before Denali.
Nunc est bibendum