When "You're Looking GOOD" Might Not Be a Complime

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

HJ
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

A lot of people don't know this, but it's easy to tame a mountain lion. If you find yourself in a situation with one, all you need to do is talk sweetly to it like it's a baby, and scratch it under the chin or behind the ears.

You can trust this advice, because I am an expert, and wrote this on the internet.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

cougarmagic wrote: A lot of people don't know this, but it's easy to tame a mountain lion. If you find yourself in a situation with one, all you need to do is talk sweetly to it like it's a baby, and scratch it under the chin or behind the ears.

You can trust this advice, because I am an expert, and wrote this on the internet.
Now, why didn't I think of that. :wink:

So, where is your avatar from?

HJ
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

cougarmagic wrote: A lot of people don't know this, but it's easy to tame a mountain lion. If you find yourself in a situation with one, all you need to do is talk sweetly to it like it's a baby, and scratch it under the chin or behind the ears.

I am skeptical. I have tried it twice. Each time, the cat bit off one of my arms. I can try scratching with my foot, I suppose, but I am not going to give this approach too many more chances.

You can trust this report, because I wrote it on the internet.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

AlanK wrote: I am skeptical. I have tried it twice. Each time, the cat bit off one of my arms.
Ah, Alan I think I know the problem, and I should have been more specific. You need to carefully read the lion's facial expression. So, if it looks like this, it is calm and just wants to be friends:

But if it looks like this, it wants to eat you:

It's a subtle difference, but it's there.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Hikin_Jim wrote: So, where is your avatar from?
I don't know - I think either Elwood or HikeUp posted it in some thread, so I stole it. I think it's an old movie poster!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

cougarmagic wrote:
AlanK wrote: I am skeptical. I have tried it twice. Each time, the cat bit off one of my arms.
Ah, Alan I think I know the problem, and I should have been more specific. You need to carefully read the lion's facial expression. So, if it looks like this, it is calm and just wants to be friends:

I think I'll try it. What have I got to lose?

HJ
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

i wonder how they react to catnip...
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Look closer...
cougarmagic wrote:

Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Oooh! Pretty red like valentine's. Nice kitty.

HJ