Yellow-toed Frog Discovered

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
kgw

Post by kgw »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32129876/ns ... e-science/

In the San Jacinto Wilderness. . .This may impact the closure, I would think, due to the possibility of re-introducing frogs to the Rattlesnake Creek area, eh?
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Interesting!! It's good news, but I would predict it will result in a closure of Tahquitz creek. (Does anyone hike there anyway? I'm not familiar with that area).
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

cougarmagic wrote:Interesting!! It's good news, but I would predict it will result in a closure of Tahquitz creek. (Does anyone hike there anyway? I'm not familiar with that area).
I think the rules need to be honored here. :) We must now refer to the frog area as the "creek-that-must-not-be-named" !
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Damn frogs. Send those bastards to the moon!
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

yea really. let natural selection do its thing. They ruined any kind of nice fishing at piru. The road is closed and u have to carry all your gear now!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

It is time. We must breed an Assassin Frog. 8)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

cougarmagic wrote:Interesting!! It's good news, but I would predict it will result in a closure of Tahquitz creek. (Does anyone hike there anyway? I'm not familiar with that area).
Yes, those two creeks (Tahquitz and Willow) bound the very popular hiking and backpacking areas in the federally controlled portion of the Mt. San Jacinto Wilderness.
TacoDelRio wrote:It is time. We must breed an Assassin Frog. 8)
There actually is such a thing. Kind of.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... =printable
It can tolerate lack of water for eight months and total starvation for one year. It can tolerate temperatures down to 32F (I assume a hard freeze will kill it). Pretty badass.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Badass. 8)
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Regarding the African Clawed Frog.

it says we took these things into space to study the female reproduction in micro gravity.

WHO CARES!!!!!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

Here comes another closure!
It'll be one of those temporary, emergency closures that can only last one year by law.
Then, every year they issue another one. And so on ....

Skips lots of paperwork and study involved in a real closure, and much more effective.