What's the hardest hike you've ever done?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

I occasionally hear of people doing C2C2C, although I can't recall a TR from anyone besides Rick Kent.

Two weeks after our first C2C in 2002, my son and I ran into someone on San Gorgonio who had done it the previous week. She went with a group that had several C2C regulars. One of them had done it twice in a day. I think he used the tram for hte returns, but she said he had done the full round trip as well.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Yeah, Rick is pretty amazing, doing C2C2C at all, let alone in about twelve hours, is something else.

He says in his comments on the Mt. Whitney forum that he has trouble keeping up with Bob Burd and Matthew Hollison. There are people that Rick Kent has trouble keeping up with? :shock:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Hikin_Jim wrote:He says in his comments on the Mt. Whitney forum that he has trouble keeping up with Bob Burd and Matthew Hollison. There are people that Rick Kent has trouble keeping up with? :shock:
Oh yeah. Those are the other two guys you can look to if Rick hasn't done it...

http://www.snwburd.com/bob/index.html
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Poor Bob. He's "only" done 50+ Sierra peaks this year. How do people cope with such deprivation? :lol:
Augie

Post by Augie »

My hardest hikes:

Palisade Traverse (Thunderbolt to Sill) in one day (actually took 25 hours). Started at South Lake and existed North Fork Big Pine.

North ridge of Iron Mtn. (2,000 feet of gully followed by 2,000 feet of ridge from Fish Fork). As usual with Iron, the worst part was the return to Heaton Flat.

C2C

Baldy to Iron
JMunaretto

Post by JMunaretto »

I'd put C2C above Iron from the South for me, I guess. It doesn't have the really steep and loose sections of Iron, nor do you have to go down it, but the pure energy expenditure takes a lot out of you.

But without the downhill I wasn't sore.