Angeles National Forest Closure - October 23

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
Taco

Post by Taco »

LOL, ad at bottom of page was for Alzheimer's care! :shock:

Poor Cy... :lol:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

hmm. Would Iron Mike just happen to have the same IP as Christina/Janice/Betty?
Travis

Post by Travis »

Hikin_Jim wrote:hmm. Would Iron Mike just happen to have the same IP as Christina/Janice/Betty?
Yep, you guessed it. I deleted him/her.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Thank you.

That person is exceptionally toxic. I'm normally not in favor of blanket IP blocks, but maybe that's one IP that really should be blocked.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Thank you.

That person is exceptionally toxic. I'm normally not in favor of blanket IP blocks, but maybe that's one IP that really should be blocked.
I am already on it, I made it so all new users need to be approved, if they have the same IP address they will not get approved unless they meet certain criteria.
Maxwell's Demon

Post by Maxwell's Demon »

Whatever he/she posted I missed it. Probably most of us would gladly be friends if this person would just be nice.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

The remarks included vicious racist slurs against members of this forum. Friends with said individual? I don't think so.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Back on the topic of closures die to the fire, does anyone know if any of the national forests or mountain parks will be open for this weekend? San Jacinto? San Gabriels? etc.

I was planning to sign up for the ODC San Jacinto hike on 11/4 if the mountain is open,

thanks,
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

This http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/24787/fil ... 102607.pdf was issued Friday. It says Mt San J St. Prk is closed.

The tram website http://www.pstramway.com/ says that the State Park is closed.

I guess maybe keep an eye on those two websites this week and see what happens.

There are a host of re-opening rumors, but the rumor "they're closed until it rains" seems like what they've done in the past. Maybe Alan remembers better than I do?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Perry posted this article from the Desert Sun on the San Jacinto message board today.
October 29, 2007

Mount San Jacinto park closed

Colin Atagi

Mount San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness is closed until further notice because of extreme fire danger, park officials said in a news release.

People who access the park by Skyline Route or Cactus to Clouds Route will be in violation of the closure even though there may not be any signs indicating a closure.

The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway remains open this afternoon, according to the news release.

Information: 327-0222.