SGMDF Official Winter Party Thing

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

TacoDelRio wrote:I might have one seat open in my car.

I plan on doing this when the roads are safe for all cars to go on. I don't have a vehicle fit for safe travel on really icy/snowy roads anymore.

I cook rice for sushi sometimes. I've got a Japanese store near my place. Kinda a Japanese-o-holic myself. :lol: I'm an Asian-washed Whiteboy.
Since today is Wednesday already, maybe we should just make solid plans to have this fun endeavor for next Saturday or Sunday. The snow will still be there, the weather will be better, and snow shoes may not be required. Gives everyone better time to plan too. But either way, I'm up for it if it's this Saturday. Cant do Sunday.

BTW - weather forecast for this Saturday is cloudy, windy, 20% chance of rain. If we're making sushi, might be a bit cold for the hands. Just a thought.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Next week would be better IMHO. I'm in no rush, trust me. :lol:
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Next week sounds good. Can you choose specific day so I can ink it in my calendar?

Now, I might have enough time to order some new mountaineering boots. My Sportiva Glaciers are half size too big even with heavy socks. I need to find the "FOR SALE" forum get rid of these things. Used only about half mile on clean snow, jsut too big.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I can only hope next saturday will be right. That would be the 27th... not so sure, is anyone cool that soon after Xmas? Gotta get yer mind off of how much $$$ you spent. :lol:
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Good catch. 27th is probably too close to X-Mas. Maybe instead of trying to see who is up for it that close to Christmas, plan for Jan 3rd, bearing adverse weather of course.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Sounds good to me.

If it's clear this weekend, I MIIIIIIIIIIGHT head up... just that I really don't like going on baldy Road past Icehouse Canyon in my car, let alone on a weekend... in snow... with ice... and hundreds of people driving around who probably don't drive in those conditions so often...

Icehouse Canyon it is! :lol: :lol: :lol:
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Let's hope the local folks put out some sand on the roads like the last time I went up there right after the snows.

By Saturday they should have shoveled all the excess snow off to the side and put down some sand for that very reason.

Chains are ah coming out.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

So, uh, anyone going?

I'm unable to do a sushi thing until I get a rela job with dignity and respect (and money) like an adult. Anyone else gonna go camp out or whatnot?
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

I'm up for it. We could have a tea and biscuit party on the summit, or we can fly my two new stunt kites. :lol:

I just want to get on the snow again. I want to try my new Jet Boil system on the summit. See how it works in colder weather.

I think Lilbitmor is also up for the summit on Saturday. He jsut sent me PM and asked whats up for saturday. So thats 3.

~EnFuego
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I know it's a bad question in my opinion, since it's hard to get an accurate number, but what time do you think you guys will be on the summit? I plan on meeting y'all up there after I ascend from a different route before that prospective route is out of condition. (I'll be climbing in from Stockton Flat to the east, just north as well)
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Well, since I'll be breaking in some new boots and crampons, hard to say what time. But I would guess we will be on top about 10:30-11:00am.

Hope that helps. Will call you Friday evening.

~EnFuego