Post by Hikin_Jim »

The job market is getting pretty tough out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGJq8wrw5I
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

You mean this three letter word?
AW~

Post by AW~ »

I was graduating high school at the last real recession in 1991.
The line for seasonal jobs at Universal Studios was in the thousands. For recent grads or unskilled it was next to impossible to land a job. Layoffs were in waves of tens of thousands. Thankfully that was the only real recession that I had to experience and not the 70s or early 80s.

This is not a tough job market. Wait till later on. Next year we are looking at higher state taxes and higher federal taxes...doesnt matter whos elected. Revenue is declining. Spending is increasing(Social Security will go up more than 5.8% alone). Its going to be a challenge for Californians...I think we will weather this inital storm though...but..the next cycle after this one is overwhelming...even with extracting wealth from the environment.

We'll look back at this one and say ah the good ole days...
http://kcet.org/socal/2008/09/foreclosure-alley.html
simonov

Post by simonov »

I graduated from high school in 1980.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain..
Nunc est bibendum
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

simonov wrote:I graduated from high school in 1980.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain..
I was looking at that and thinking "I've never heard of those places" So, I google and discover you were just messing with us.

'Cuz I do know some people who've seen some things; and maybe you have.