My rant for today... an adventure

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

What a friggin' day...

Car has been overheating lately, and I'll probably find out tomorrow upon tearing down as much as possible.

My best buddy comes over while I'm closing up work at 11:30pm, out of the blue. Cool stuff. We hang out, eat some Tommy's (always a poor decision... :-) ), take his truck since my car is not feelin' great.

My car is like a very special woman. I love her very much, but she's a tad high-maintanence, being 20 years old. She's been bleeding all week, but she ain't dead. Lotsa work, but I learn alot, and she handles so damn great in the mountains that it's absolutely the sex... love my Silvia...

Anyway...
My buddy drives off after doing a 180 burnout.. very cool indeed (I'm young... don't gimme crap)... I slowly drive out since my car isn't so great right now... doing 2000rpm sitting still, so I give it some gas to reset the ECU or whatever is making it idle high as always... (normal healthy idle for stock KA24E is 500-700rpm), but the throttle cable sticks, and I shoot up to redline in the middle of the thankfully-empty intersection at 1 in the morning. Cut the motor, slowly go into the mall parking lot. Stupid basic brake pads and bad master cylinder means I'm a bit iffy on stopping right (needs Hawks and new stuff ASAP, if I had any money at all :( ).

Buddy turns back after I screw with stuff and figure it's the throttle cable getting stuck. Lube it, it works, then does the same thing. We do a safe but always exciting train-car race setup of towing my S13 behind his Ford Ranger pickup 5 miles back to my place. Thankfully, low traffic and few red lights. Two cop cars (local PD thankfully, not friggin' CHP... not a fan of them) see us and do nothing... kinda cool! Make it home, push it into a spot... what a fun time this night has been!

Get a few cheap beers (Miller High Life 16oz 6-pack for $4 bucks!) and some Sabritones (Awesome friggin Mexican wheat chips) in me and now I'm here.

Gotta tear apart the throttle body tomorrow. Removing all cruise control equipment and getting that crap the hell outta my car. Probably getting rid of the defunct AC to save all that weight and crap that doesn't function anyway. Gotta take down the throttle cable tubing and clean it spotless, then lube it good. Gotta get a new brake master cylinder soon.

Then, gotta find out why my upper radiator hose is pissing coolant all over the wiring harness and engine block, bleeding the whole radiator out in a few hours. Not cool. Hopefully I can find a good racing radiator like a Koyo, or Blitz unit for cheap. I'd pay friggin' just as much ($300 give or take) for a friggin' lameass probably-Chinese made OEM Nissan radiator from Pep Boys or some crap. Do the easyass install with my buddy and save lord only knows how much, since labor is now about $90 bucks per hour! Plus the Koyo radiator would actually do it's job when the car is being pushed hard.

Not enough hours at work, so only getting about 19 hours a week AT BEST, which still doesn't cut it. 19 hours at $8.50/hr, after all expenses means about $40 a week I can actually spend on stuff like gas, fun, beer, etc.

Sweet lord.

I'm never going to get the ice tools for this season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the end, I'm blessed with having such badass friends. Your "peeps" are the most important thing in your life, bar none, without a friggin' doubt.

Here's a pic of my labor-of-love car... 1990 Nissan S13 240SX/Silvia...

Just had to vent.

I badly need a new job, one that isn't Starbucks.

Will climb/race/drive/drift for money.

(why aren't more people selling drugs again?) :lol: :lol:
simonov

Post by simonov »

Come out to the SCTA this month and hang out.
Nunc est bibendum

Post by 406 »

Might want to make sure the thermostat is not stuck shut prior to replacing the radiator...much cheaper and easier fix.

Post by 406 »

TacoDelRio wrote: We do a safe but always exciting train-car race setup of towing my S13 behind his Ford Ranger pickup 5 miles back to my place.
What is this? I always used a nimrod cord...nylon tow straps and hope the tower doesn't stop faster than the towed can pull the park brake!

Post by 406 »

TacoDelRio wrote: I badly need a new job, one that isn't Starbucks.
Do you have any skills? "You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills..."
[...]

"Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache. "
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Simonov, yeah, I'm looking forward to the SCTA meet!

406, thermostat will get replaced amongst anything else we can get.

The towing setup is just like what you said, with tow straps ahd HOPE AND FEAR... :twisted:

No real skills yet, started a welding course a few weeks ago, going to be done with that in early 2009 since it's one day a week til' then.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

406 wrote:
TacoDelRio wrote: I badly need a new job, one that isn't Starbucks.
computer hacking skills..."
here's an expert! aw :cry: i guess he will be unavailable for a short time. LIKE FIVE YEARS! :lol: Might wanna find a different job.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Some h4xx0r?

Fixed zeh cah today. Coolant line runnign to intake to heat intake air prior to... uh... intake... rerouted. Old pipe was blown to crap. No longer bleeds. Fixed throttle cable and removed cr00z control.

Ready to rock.

I don't have nunchuck skillz, but I do have other skills involving making thigs go away. 8)