Bridge Fire closures

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
dima

Post by dima »

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Stupid was expected. Big area.
Blaise

Post by Blaise »

Closing Mt. Baldy for over a year? That definitely won't last so long.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Hey, look on the bright side, there won’t be so many people around anymore.
nihaody

Post by nihaody »

Blaise wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:45 am Closing Mt. Baldy for over a year? That definitely won't last so long.
I'd be willing to be they roll this one back pretty quickly along with Devil's backbone if for no other reason than the folks at the resort's income depends on it. Oh and also the fact that the area was totally unimpacted by the fire.
a runner whom renown outran
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

nihaody wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:37 pm
Blaise wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:45 am Closing Mt. Baldy for over a year? That definitely won't last so long.
I'd be willing to be they roll this one back pretty quickly along with Devil's backbone if for no other reason than the folks at the resort's income depends on it. Oh and also the fact that the area was totally unimpacted by the fire.
I agree on this too. Too big an economic driver for the area - the ski lifts are advertising early purchases for the coming winter right now.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Chantry opens this Wednesday October 2nd.

That should take up the slack. Mt. Wilson and Bailey Cyn Trails out of Sierra Madre were looking forward to some relief when Chantry re-opened, but now probably won't get as much as they hoped. Eaton Cyn will continue to be slammed.