The Andrew Curtis Tungsten Mine

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

jeko1034 wrote: I’m down to go back! It was definitely a memorable trip but it’s also super gnarly of a hike up that wash. No trail and just boulder hopping for miles while completely exposed. @charlescurtis1984 wanna join us?

March 2009, there was an excellent road all the way up the canyon to the mine! I turned around about 1/2 mile below the mine because I didn't want to bother the people that were there (they passed me in a blue pickup while I was walking down the road from Cow Cyn Saddle).

IMG_3312.jpg
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Whew! For a moment there, I thought maybe I'd breached some protocol on forum decorum.
David R
OG of the SG

Post by David R »

I think a video of me next to the highest grade tungsten in the world would really trend well on Only Fans.
Brianc

Post by Brianc »

This area has always intrigued me . I have not been up there for 12 years. The under video camera surveillance sign off of cattle canyon trail has been there forever, before wifi. B.S. if one thinks a cable was run all the way up to Glendora ridge road for camera. What about the mysterious "property owners" of Thompson ranch or Widman ranch. They would be like 100 years old. Maybe if anyone was up there they are just squatters growing. I wonder how come the owner of Tungsten mine lets the vehicles on property rot and not sell them. People who own places like these, have money and it is clearly documented. My theory is its the haunted house story. "Don't go there, the boggie man will get you".
jeko1034
Supercaff

Post by jeko1034 »

Brianc wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:23 pm This area has always intrigued me . I have not been up there for 12 years. The under video camera surveillance sign off of cattle canyon trail has been there forever, before wifi. B.S. if one thinks a cable was run all the way up to Glendora ridge road for camera. What about the mysterious "property owners" of Thompson ranch or Widman ranch. They would be like 100 years old. Maybe if anyone was up there they are just squatters growing. I wonder how come the owner of Tungsten mine lets the vehicles on property rot and not sell them. People who own places like these, have money and it is clearly documented. My theory is its the haunted house story. "Don't go there, the boggie man will get you".
Not quite sure but you can just walk through there and avoid all private property if you're paranoid, android.
Brianc

Post by Brianc »

It's been over 4 years that you reported on this area. I have never been able to find proof of ownership of these ranches.
jeko1034
Supercaff

Post by jeko1034 »

Brianc wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:20 pm It's been over 4 years that you reported on this area. I have never been able to find proof of ownership of these ranches.
Use this: https://app.regrid.com/us?utm_campaign= ... t=property

also the LA County assessor map will have that info: https://maps.assessor.lacounty.gov/m/