Sam Merrill Trail

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
nakagawaallison

Post by nakagawaallison »

So after being on lockdown for 14 days, my son and I decided to take advice from a crazy, cool guy (Crazy Hermit) and hike the Sam Merrill Trail today. I will not lie. I think I went through multiple mood swings. First I was like yeah I got this. Half way up I was thinking "what have I gotten myself into?" Further past half way I was cursing the All Trails App on my phone because well it just seemed as though my dot was not moving fast enough (probably because I was moving at a snails pace). Reaching the top and then I was asking myself "who puts blasted rock stairs on a trail?" Yeah my son got video of me cursing alot but we made it. My son kept saying "we can quit and turn back," but I refused to quit. I finally accomplished the trail I thought I could never do because of my RA & Fibromyalgia. All I told my son was if reaching the Carrie Mine is harder, then it can remain undisturbed by me. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Yep, getting to Carrie Mine is about ten times harder than the Merrill to Echo Mtn. Congrats, though, on reaching Echo. Sounds like you pushed yourself to the limit.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

It's a must do, at least once. The artifacts alone make it worth the trip.
JerryN

Post by JerryN »

Thanks for sharing. The beauty of hiking for all of us is that we each hike our own hike. And what we get for that is priceless
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

Congratulations! This is just the beginning.