HIKING AND FRIENDSHIPS WITH LIKE-MINDED PEEPS

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I just wanted to express how nice it is that the forum has brought many people together. Lots of friendships have formed. We are all like-minded individuals who share the same passion for hiking. Sharing Trip reports have allowed some of us to hike mountains and explore areas that some of us thought weren't possible. There is so much beauty and hidden treasures that lie deep in our local mountains and beyond. I just wanted to say that it has been a pleasure hiking with a few of the forum members and I look forward to more adventures in the future. I love hiking, exploring and challenging myself to climb higher and higher.
By the way, we need to do a group hike soon.
David R

Post by David R »

I wish I had hiking friends but I hike too slow and they all leave me behind only the cougars remain and I'm not referring to the middle age women.
Gene

Post by Gene »

Girl Hiker I agree! Having spent many years living in and enjoying the San Gabriels but now living in South Carolina, I can still enjoy them vicariously through this forum and your posts.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Girl Hiker wrote:By the way, we need to do a group hike soon.

Definitely another meeting on a trail!
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

David R wrote: I wish I had hiking friends but I hike too slow and they all leave me behind only the cougars remain and I'm not referring to the middle age women.
I am pretty sure that you are not slow. Join us anytime to hike! Sometimes, I rather go slow to enjoy the views. I don't really care for groups who want to hike super fast.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

We could do a rain hike this week...
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda