Cucamonga Peak 7-19-08

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Eric and I strolled up Cucamonga Peak this morning and then headed over to Etiwanda, which we had not visited before. A nice day, if a bit hazy in the LA Basin.

Pix
JMunaretto

Post by JMunaretto »

Since we are apparently rotating hikes, I'll just let you know I plan on doing Bear Canyon then the 3 T's the next 2 weeks :P
Tim

Post by Tim »

Wow, with two other guys headed up IHC tomorrow, I guess July is now officially Icehouse Canyon Month! :lol:

Looks like a nice day to be out today.
He219

Post by He219 »

Nice pix ..
You made good time!
:D

There's a nice soft patch on a cropping between Cucamonga and Etiwanda that'd be great for a camp;
City lights at night and a nice spot for sunrise.
One of these days ...
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Pretty cool! Eric looks like Bambi. Like a new born deer. So thin. AllanK? you were never that thin in high school were you? You can't be that thin and run a sub 1:55 880 can you?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

JMunaretto wrote:Since we are apparently rotating hikes, I'll just let you know I plan on doing Bear Canyon then the 3 T's the next 2 weeks :P
Some may accuse us of cheating if we actually talk about plans in advance. :lol:
Tim wrote:Wow, with two other guys headed up IHC tomorrow, I guess July is now officially Icehouse Canyon Month!
I think a few other people heard about it as well. We were certainly not alone -- except that no one else seemed interested in Etiwanda.
He219 wrote:There's a nice soft patch on a cropping between Cucamonga and Etiwanda that'd be great for a camp;
City lights at night and a nice spot for sunrise.
One of these days ...
Agreed -- gotta give that spot a try some night.
FIGHT ON wrote:Pretty cool! Eric looks like Bambi. Like a new born deer. So thin. AllanK? you were never that thin in high school were you? You can't be that thin and run a sub 1:55 880 can you?
Well, not every kid is contributing properly to the obesity epidemic.