Most Awesome Mountain Cabin Ever Built

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

This is called the Fairy Tale cabin, built in 1934 on Barrett Canyon Road, Mt. Baldy. You have to have a four wheel drive to get to it by car. It sold three years ago for an unbelievably low $265,000 plus $2 a month HOA dues. It now reportedly rents on Airbnb for $4,000 a month. The inside has three floors, plus a basement with a spiral staircase, next to the creek. The bathroom has an old pull chain style toilet, one bedroom downstairs and three bedrooms upstairs. Still has the original wood stove.

The inside is even more awesome. If you want to check out some of the real estate photos of the interior click here
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

That is a cool cabin. I remember admiring it on my first trip out that way several years ago. Reminds me of the game Candyland for some reason.
David R
OG of the SG

Post by David R »

The true story of that building is much more horrific then its innocent look. In the 1930s a witch lived there and every rock you see is a child who was magically transformed. It is a modern day Hansel and Gretel. Legend has it that only if Donald Trump and Barack Obama shake hands in front of the building will they be transformed back otherwise the children will be frozen in perpetuity in their new altered states.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Does it have to be a "friendly" handshake?

Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

my-house-is-made-of-children.jpg
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

That's an old photo. From before she ate all those kids.
Tom Kenney

Post by Tom Kenney »

David R wrote: The true story of that building is much more horrific then its innocent look. In the 1930s a witch lived there and every rock you see is a child who was magically transformed. It is a modern day Hansel and Gretel. Legend has it that only if Donald Trump and Barack Obama shake hands in front of the building will they be transformed back otherwise the children will be frozen in perpetuity in their new altered states.
Wow...sounds pretty grimm.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

And who do you think helped steal all those children for her stone cabin in the woods? Her BFF...

hillbigfoot.jpg
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Which one is bigfoot?
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

I saw it last weekend too. The cabin next door is for sale now at just 259,000.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

This is my favorite cabin on the way to Stoddard Peak. I did not know it was used as an AIRBNB now.