Aircraft for Aerial photos.

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
135driver

Post by 135driver »

Prob. off topic. But these are youtube links to the aircraft I will use for the Aerial Photos of Peaks. (Taco, you're up in about a month or less)

I am flying the airplane in all videos.

All footage shot by my back seater, Jack. If there is a second aircraft in the shots, that is Fred, and he will not be there for the Peak recon stuff.

Kelly

FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

What day you going? Would be cool to watch from some peak. Like on Baldy.
Maybe you can make a trip list and tell which peaks you will pass over.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Very cool!

Not a bad idea, Fight On.
135driver

Post by 135driver »

that would be easy to plan. A week or so before the flight I will plan all the peaks to be passed. Baldy can be tricky with the winds and the heat in the summer. I've experienced some pretty drastic downdrafts up there. Maybe not the best peak, but suset peak is a good one, iron mt, (no one will want to climb up there) baden, are all good candidates for a flyby. The summertime heat makes it hard for that aircraft to climb up to the baldy level, and performance is seriously degraded. I'll figure it out and Taco and I will post what our route is going to be and at what time.

Can't wait.

k
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Now just be sure to fly low and slow so I can get a good shot, uh, um, I mean take a good photo. :twisted:

135driver

Post by 135driver »

Note to self. Keep Shiny Airplanes away from Hikin_Jim.

That's pretty funny,

I'll make sure and do an anti-aircraft jig when near any summits. Just in case.

k
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Jim's been training up to be able to carry a DshK up to the summit of Baldy.

I am impressed.

Baldy is everyone's best bet, logistics-wise. As 135 said, dunno 'bout the heat!
135driver

Post by 135driver »

Oh Great.

I've seen quite a few of those in Iraq. Hellfire makes a pretty nice flyswatter for those who think it's a good idea to mount in the back of a truck and point in Friendlies direction. KaBOOOOM!!
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

135driver wrote:that would be easy to plan. A week or so before the flight I will plan all the peaks to be passed. Baldy can be tricky with the winds and the heat in the summer. I've experienced some pretty drastic downdrafts up there. Maybe not the best peak, but suset peak is a good one, iron mt, (no one will want to climb up there) baden, are all good candidates for a flyby. The summertime heat makes it hard for that aircraft to climb up to the baldy level, and performance is seriously degraded. I'll figure it out and Taco and I will post what our route is going to be and at what time.

Can't wait.

k
Dude, A list of all the peaks would be cool and the approximate times would be great too. This way many people could choose where to be along the route. You gotta get a good camera Taco. Take a billion pics.
You do know you have to wing walk right? :wink: Didn't you read the agreement? :lol: Look at the fine print on the EDGE of the paper. (Taco agrees to wing walk the entire route)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

TacoDelRio wrote:Jim's been training up to be able to carry a DshK up to the summit of Baldy.
Uh, um, it's just a camera mount; yeah, that's it, a camera mount.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

:lol:

BTW, Fight On, my camera is good. It's not a DSLR, but it's good.