The Most Insane Thing I've Ever Seen

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

This happened in Monkey Canyon a few years back.
The jumper was high as a kite when he did it, and he survived, but barely.
This was easily an eight story drop, into a pool that's about 20 feet deep.

Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

I googled Monkey Canyon. Some say it's also a popular hangout among the Sasquatches. Casey mentions the rumors. And the Bigfoot Field Researchers have an actual report.
They were trying to find Monkey Canyon...

After they reached the creek bed they began to hear a very loud growl/scream that came from a small knoll that was about 30 yards away from their location. They also heard what they thought was a loud banging sound that sounded like a large branch or tree hitting another tree. As that was happening they watched two trees with their tops moving, as if the trees were being shaken. They seemed like fairly large trees that were about 6 to 7 feet apart. While all of this is going on, they both smelled a very pungent odor.
I'm a little skeptical though. Such noise-making doesn't sound like typical Bigfoot stealth behavior. Perhaps he was trying to shake squirrels out of the trees for food. I also doubt he'd go around stinking up the place. Maybe he was too sickly or elderly to groom himself. But that doesn't seem likely, since he was strong enough to shake big trees.

More likely the witness heard your drugged out cliff divers. Do you know if they also enjoyed smearing themselves with feces and climbing trees while stoned senseless?
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Monkey Canyon is similar to Hermit Falls below Chantry Flat, except way harder to get to. Lots of graffiti and broken glass, which is a shame, because other than that it's a beautiful place. Some of the guys who jump off the rocks look like Bigfoot, but other than that I've never seen any sign of one, except for that one time....
bigfoot-nessie-big.jpg
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Definitely signs of the bigfoot...which matches my experience with the place and would explain the horrendous bigfoot edited 'canyoneering' beta I read online to descend the route. The second time I didnt fall for any shenanigans, although quite a bit of time was spent talking a guy down from trying to waterslide the waterfall....and that same beta he had read was off.

As far as the report, bigfoot is a SERE expert, so the noise-making would be an escape
diversion. Had they checked it out and it was bigfoot, they would have been blown apart while bigfoot escapes via a predetermined route.
mc.jpg
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

AW wrote:...bigfoot is a SERE expert, so the noise-making would be an escape diversion.
Ah, that explains it. But why then does he smell like a sewer?
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

CrazyHermit wrote:Monkey Canyon is similar to Hermit Falls below Chantry Flat, except way harder to get to.
How hard? Class 3 or 4 scrambling?
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Here's a great video to show you what you're in for.
Despite the graffiti it's an awesome place. (see link above)
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sean wrote: Ah, that explains it. But why then does he smell like a sewer?
It was probably some RV dump by an environmentally happy REIer, and not bigfoot. Although its a place known for public defecation...but thats what 'love' is right?
When I was there for a cleanup effort in 2005, there was a horrible smell that no one wanted to get near to. It was simply that some water was trapped between two rock landmasses. Besides a lot of toilet paper...well, I dont need to say the rest. Ahem...a lot of love by #optoutside. While I dont want to comment how that section was restored rather quickly, it was noteworthy that the FS ranger claimed they cleaned the area a month before....the govt doesnt pay enough do they lol.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

AW wrote:It was probably some RV dump by an environmentally happy REIer, and not bigfoot...When I was there for a cleanup effort in 2005, there was a horrible smell that no one wanted to get near to.
Hey, that all fits with Squatchy's be-no-trace tactics. The foul smell hides whatever Bigfoot scent he does have. Plus, the stench keeps people away from his den. It's a clever hiding place.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sean wrote: Hey, that all fits with Squatchy's be-no-trace tactics. The foul smell hides whatever Bigfoot scent he does have. Plus, the stench keeps people away from his den. It's a clever hiding place.
True. It could be that bigfoot as an artist was creating an artwork based upon his view of modern exploration.
I'll explain briefly. A major trend in modern exploration drawings is 'what is not there', which is a lesson that what is not visible is likely more important than what is visible.
For example a pretty picture of natural scenery , photgraphed from a superfund site towards said scenery. The modern is looking for the relationship between the picture and the land of the photographer, as the notion of all things are related, etc. So bigfoot then makes fun of that focus by being next to stench, because the modern would be led astray by seeking that place out. It would be like a photo that was taken from the door of the West Fork toilet. Bigfoot knows the modern could recognize the location the photo was taken from. It seems to lower its ego by being cynical about human potential and suffers from self-hate now and then.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

AW wrote:A major trend in modern exploration drawings is 'what is not there', which is a lesson that what is not visible is likely more important than what is visible.
What if 'what is not there' is actually Bigfoot's camera on a timer? Maybe he's been taking posed pictures of himself.

It's really the only explanation for why nobody has caught a Bigfoot, yet there are hundreds of pictures of him.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Alaskan+bear+photo+and+dead+bigfoot+photo.jpg
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Some of the Bigfoot pics are obvious fakes. But this classic image strikes me as the real deal.

Look at how perfectly his dark fur blends with his white nose.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sean wrote:
AW wrote:What if 'what is not there' is actually Bigfoot's camera on a timer? Maybe he's been taking posed pictures of himself. It's really the only explanation for why nobody has caught a Bigfoot, yet there are hundreds of pictures of him.
You assume nobody has communicated with a bigfoot. Yet there is the experimental forest, there is area 52 :)
On a consulting basis of course. Rumour has it that many actors got their start from a Squatchy recommendation.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

If you want a picture of Squatchy, Id recommend researching Yeti, because thats where most of the info is. For example:
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-s ... ty-n144986
They knew evidence has been handed over, yet contaminated it to come up with some wishy-washy denial spin that it was only a 40,000 year old species of bear.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

AW wrote:They knew evidence has been handed over, yet contaminated it to come up with some wishy-washy denial spin that it was only a 40,000 year old species of bear.
Bastards!
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

CrazyHermit wrote:Here's a great video to show you what you're in for.
Despite the graffiti it's an awesome place. (see link above)
So Monkey Canyon is a section of the BigT Narrows? I entered the same way those guys did. But I went downstream. Is the cliff jumping/slide area upstream?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Brad and I walked right by the Monkey Canyon Falls. Nobody else was there in January 2014.

P1070928.JPG
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

It's way downstream. About one and a half hours to get to the narrows, and about 2 hours to get to the falls and the jump area (at least from where I started). Monkey Canyon doesn't officially appear on any map. It's a made up name for a very remote area, but a lot of people go there. There are ropes and ladders along the way, but test them first. This would be a terrible place to get hurt. It's a crazy place with lots of deadly hazards, so use extreme caution.

Trailhead GPS Coordinates: N34°18'26.14", W118°8'44.57
Tom Kenney

Post by Tom Kenney »

I have it on good authority (astrophysicist and sci-fi author Gregory Benford) that the SamSquanches were given advanced weaponry by 'visitors' somewhere in northeastern Washington. The SamSquanches attempted to transfer this technology to Jack Black, but he misunderstood some instructions and suffered permanent brain damage when he tried to use a high-powered cutting tool as a musical instrument.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Tom Kenney wrote:... the SamSquanches...
Holy shite, Tom! That's hilarious. I guess I'm not getting away from the Internet anytime soon. So much worthless info to google!

https://youtu.be/NL_SL73iNFE
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Sean wrote:
Tom Kenney wrote:... the SamSquanches...
Holy shite, Tom! That's hilarious. I guess I'm not getting away from the Internet anytime soon. So much worthless info to google!

https://youtu.be/NL_SL73iNFE
The clip right after that one about the Trailer Park Boys is hilarious.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

AW wrote:Rumour has it that many actors got their start from a Squatchy recommendation.
Yeah, right, a "recommendation." Wink, wink.

sasquatch godfather 2.jpg

chaka 2.jpg
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

LOL, I love Land of the Lost. But the Will Ferrell version sucks.

AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sean wrote:
AW wrote:Rumour has it that many actors got their start from a Squatchy recommendation.
Yeah, right, a "recommendation." Wink, wink.
It might have gotten to that if its credibility was on the line, but for the most part Squatchy's influence was clearly exposed in the 60s-70s. When Squatchy was brought into the movie "Breaker!Breaker!", which is about some 'rednecks' , Squatchy is said to have dismissed the producer's original story line by insisting on bringing in Chuck Norris&changing the story line....which was a no-brainer for Squatchy. Squatchy's influence was even more pronounced in Norris's career later on through non-disclosure agreements. Besides "Delta Force", several movies dealt with Squatchy-like capability of characters and a strong dose of conspiracy that only the Squatchy can bring to the table.

And how can anyone forget Jim Carrey also was brought on. It the movie "Yes Man", this was made about transparent as it gets when Jim eats at "Bigfoot lodge"....https://www.instagram.com/bigfootlodge/
Then there was the nod to Squatchy http://crazyhyena.com/jim-carrey-big-foot_en
And playing the "Grinch"....culminating in the movie "God Almighty", where Jim&the FS encounters bigfoot.
These were all disinformation campaigns in response to Harry & the Hendersons, which bigfoot was dismissed as as a jackazz.
Or so the rumour goes.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sean wrote:
So Monkey Canyon is a section of the BigT Narrows?
Where each one is ebbs and flows throughout history. Better not to ask that question and go with it.
The location was only important back in the day....but that was before Squatchy hid the remaining gold in the region.
Was it someone flailing their arms in a fear of Squatchy the reason for the name, or do we cover that up by saying there was some tree swing across the creek.
As long as people dont go up the ravine towards Strawberry Peak from the highway and call that Monkey canyon, I think it'll be fine.
David R
OG of the SG

Post by David R »

AW wrote:
Sean wrote:
So Monkey Canyon is a section of the BigT Narrows?
Where each one is ebbs and flows throughout history. Better not to ask that question and go with it.
The location was only important back in the day....but that was before Squatchy hid the remaining gold in the region.
Was it someone flailing their arms in a fear of Squatchy the reason for the name, or do we cover that up by saying there was some tree swing across the creek.
As long as people dont go up the ravine towards Strawberry Peak from the highway and call that Monkey canyon, I think it'll be fine.
There are a lot crazier jumps take a look for video of our youth at Red Rock or Tar Creek in the Los Padres. Even been up Grotto Creek from the Monkey Canyon, that looks like an interesting route if you could connect with the trail circling Strawberry.

I remember back in the day I was hiking the Monkey Canyon and these winged monkeys starting pelting me with acorns, real jerks.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

I aint going to Grotto creek again lol. Which brings up the unwritten post on my imaginary blog where I bash a lot of topo naming. Some authority figure in the FS on a day off makes some remark about what he think he sees, and now an entire watershed is named FOREVER for his ego? lol. We need to get rid of all the old political favors.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

AW wrote:I aint going to Grotto creek again lol. Which brings up the unwritten post on my imaginary blog where I bash a lot of topo naming.
Is that the one where you question the motives behind naming natural landmarks and a county park after a murdering Mexican bandit who slept with other men's wives?
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sean wrote:
AW wrote:I aint going to Grotto creek again lol. Which brings up the unwritten post on my imaginary blog where I bash a lot of topo naming.
Is that the one where you question the motives behind naming natural landmarks and a county park after a murdering Mexican bandit who slept with other men's wives?
I think all names would be erased and then after that all nominations accepted. This every 100 yr democracy could lead to some strange results, but at least it would be fair, and probably not too offensive.
I think many of the names would be re-elected, but it would give more recent history a chance to be recognized for their contribution as well. Not to mention we could get some better names for popular spots, such as the totally generic and bland name of East Fork San Gabriel River.