Pine Mountain, Georgia

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

There might be more interest in a root canal than a Georgia hike. But, it's been a few days since the last report. So, I thought I would toss this one in.

We visited Warm Springs to see Roosevelt's Little White House. The nearby F.D. Roosevelt State Park offered some nice hikes though wooded areas with creeks and streams. There is a 23 mile long Pine Mountain Trail with a bunch of side loops. We hiked the Big Poplar Loop and the Wolf Den Trail to Cascade Falls. There were several overlooks with nice views over the valley. It's all worth a look if you are ever in the area.

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Very beautiful Richard. Thanks.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Nice pictures. While you may not have the big hills around you any more, we don't have those fall colors.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

Beautiful fall colors!
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Great photos, especially the waterfall.

Are you anywhere near Stone Mountain?
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

tekewin wrote: Are you anywhere near Stone Mountain?
Actually, we live on the Florida east coast in a little town called Jensen Beach. It's a 500 mile drive to reach a place that is 1200' above sea level and not flat. I'm going broke buying airline tickets for our trips to the Sierra and Death Valley. We have relatives in Atlanta and once rode the cable car to the top of Stone Mountain.