South Hawkins Ridge Traverse | Shoemaker Cyn to Crystal Lake

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
_kick_rocks_

Post by _kick_rocks_ »

Put together a really strong group of 18 individuals plus one dog to head up to Crystal Lake the long, pokey, scenic way and lemme tell ya, we had some fun. One thing I don't note in the Trip Report is the fact that you basically get to scope out an entire 2/3rds of Iron Mountain from the Ridge.

Also want to note that my good friend Jeremy Boggs and I are now working together on these hosted events and he made one of the most rad videos of the whole trek if you don't feel like reading my long rant. There are some links in the captions of his video and photos to get to his personal Vimeo site for more good footage of his Backpacking treks as well.

If any of you guys want to join in next time, let me know! We are looking to do the San Antonio Ridge Traverse next.

I'll let you know right now though, even for a group of 18, we had a pretty strong pace.

http://www.trvrsapparel.com/blogs/so-ca ... e-traverse
scottawr

Post by scottawr »

good turnout! hopefully i can get off work for the next hike,
_kick_rocks_

Post by _kick_rocks_ »

scottawr wrote: good turnout! hopefully i can get off work for the next hike,

Scott! Please come down! did I already add you on the facebook event page? Thats how we're doing most of our communication.
scottawr

Post by scottawr »

I have a facebook but i seldomly go there. I'll keep an eye out on IG then I'll log on facebook and rsvp.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Very cool trip. Devil's saddle in particular looks really neat.
_kick_rocks_

Post by _kick_rocks_ »

Uncle Rico wrote: Very cool trip. Devil's saddle in particular looks really neat.
Thank you! Both the saddles were very cool and tranquil places to be, with excellent views. When i went back to pick up our water cache, I felt very relaxed just being in that environment and that was shortly after a massive climb and a steep descent.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Nice accomplishment...very few get out that way. Although, I bet the sight of the real South Hawkins ridge across the way was impressive :lol:
_kick_rocks_

Post by _kick_rocks_ »

AW wrote: Nice accomplishment...very few get out that way. Although, I bet the sight of the real South Hawkins ridge across the way was impressive :lol:

uuuugggh... now I have to change ALL of these titles. Who told me this was the South Ridge....lol. I'lll put "A section Hike on it" .