Hey, where is everyone?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Y'all still doing adventures? I need to read about them. 8)
scottawr

Post by scottawr »

I have one from last week I was going to do a TR for but I've been busy.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Since you asked, I posted a trip report about Florida mountains. Please don't laugh too hard.
Tom Kenney

Post by Tom Kenney »

scottawr wrote: I have one from last week I was going to do a TR for but I've been busy.
Same here. Will try tonight. Here's a hint: It's a special 'themed mission' to Mt. Hawkins! None too exciting, but my wife and I both got some nice pics.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Only one trip to the forest....going up West Twin Peaks ridge from Cogswell. Still a use path available to elevation 4000 . It was a fogout LOL. I turned around for sure when I heard some animal noise coming from somewhere in the deep wilderness. Ended up coming down the wrong ridge/eastern edge of Station Fire, but knew how to live that down.

This be the place

Wrong ridge down...but an excellent one for a canyoneer....with a rope.
Right turn....at least headed the right direction...
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

I did a couple of lower peaks this week, Mendenhall (quite trashy) and Jupiter Mountain up near Green Valley. Hard to believe the Angeles National Forest goes so far north. I doubt either are worthy of a full report. Here is a hyperlapse video of the ascent of Jupiter, using beta software from Microsoft. My raw footage was not very good because I was holding the camera in front me the whole time. A mounted camera would probably produce much better video.

Jupiter Mountain hyperlapse
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Been doing small stuff. Been sick. Wanna go do some TR worthy stuff once I'm better. 8)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Hmmm.. Did a Valley Forge backpack in May. Hiked Trail Canyon in April almost to new Tom Lucas but didn't want to fight a poison oak wall to get there...
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

tekewin wrote: I did a couple of lower peaks this week, Mendenhall (quite trashy) and Jupiter Mountain up near Green Valley. Hard to believe the Angeles National Forest goes so far north. I doubt either are worthy of a full report. Here is a hyperlapse video of the ascent of Jupiter, using beta software from Microsoft. My raw footage was not very good because I was holding the camera in front me the whole time. A mounted camera would probably produce much better video.

Jupiter Mountain hyperlapse
tekewin... Love that hyperlapse!!!!
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Mike P,

I think it has promise in certain situations. The free beta version puts a watermark on it. I hope the final version is inexpensive.