Gray Fox and bear

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I've been working on a DSLR setup for months now, and it's finally working pretty well. It's in a favorite spot near Mt Wilson, that gets mountain lion in the fall and winter, and bear, fox and bobcat all year.

There is a female with a cub, and she has hair loss around her face that looks like mange. But I've seen this before, specifically with her (I can recognize her by the white spot on her chest), and by mid to late summer she looks fine.

I don't see the 'old embed code' listed on YouTube, so here is video of the sow and her cub if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAnAp2b ... W2WNQFG85g
tracker

Post by tracker »

Those pics look pro. Especially the fox.
That sow in the vid is old too. Her canines are the color of mustard in the few frames where she lets you see them.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

WOW! Nice videos, too!
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

Excellent effort!
Gene

Post by Gene »

Nice work!

I can't read bear expressions, but I'm guessing it says, "I smell shenanigans, human shenanigans!"
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

tracker wrote: Those pics look pro. Especially the fox.
That sow in the vid is old too. Her canines are the color of mustard in the few frames where she lets you see them.
Age and, perhaps, lactation stress could contribute to her skin condition.
tracker

Post by tracker »

I can't claim I know about lactation stress but raising any kind of youngsters in LA is hard on a body. :D
I wish the DFW would publish information gathered from the hunter-harvested data.