A dance around Lady Waterman 01.25.14

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
anarchist

Post by anarchist »

Places like this are very dear to me. So on such a fine day in the San Gabriel. It was my pleasure to share in a dance around Mt Waterman that provides balance of life and recharges the soul.

Got on trail out from Buckhorn a bit after 6am, made the ridge in time for sunrise.

The trail on my way up.

View of Mt Williamson and Williamson Rock.

Devils Cyn

One of Watermans summits

At this point I started to decend a faint trail following the West ridge of Waterman.

Mt Wilson in the distance.

This was mostly cross country travel. The views did not suck.

Finally cut down to the PCT and then Three Points. I staged water here the night before. I ate lunch and refilled my water. Next I headed for the Mt Watetman trail, yea I know didn't I already hike that trail? Well yes and no, I'm on the Three Points to Twin Peak saddle portion. BTW mileage on this sign seams short?

.Image
Up until now I was mostly on the North side of the Station fire burn. Areas I traveled through the fire had only "crept" in small runs. This area the fire torched. I felt pain knowing that this area would take many years and perhaps even decades to recover.

What the fire revealed is piles of boulders, perfect for climbing.

Coulture clash in the natural world.

Finally worked my way East to where I started and sweeping views of Bear Ck drainage.

Thank you Lady Waterman, may we enjoy many more dances!
JerryN

Post by JerryN »

Very nice pics. Great day to be out in the real world.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Sweet trip anarchist. What was your mileage?
anarchist

Post by anarchist »

Rico, my route was 15+miles. On the way up I went the wrong way for about a half mile and then had to partially back track. So for me I'd say 16 miles in 8 1/2 hours.