Today, Mt Waterman

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

OK, so I went to go check out possible cool guy high speed killer badass multipitch sorta-alpine climbing on Twin Peaks. Had a rough time with traffic, then 200ft up the trail on Waterman I realized I forgot my damn headlamp. Bummer.

Hiked up to the top/s of Waterman, and did some short rock climb boulder whatnots up there. There's some cool stuff up there, dontcha know. Nothing long, 30ft average with one boulde rhaving some cool cracks (one SUPER rad handcrack) up to 60ft, probably 5.8ish like that has any meaning anymore.

Anywho, cool stuff.

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacodelrio ... 276536259/
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Are there stickers on the trunk of that car? Are they legal? :wink:

I don't remember seeing that many pieces of rock when Ty and I did Waterman last year, which part of the mountain, by the lifts? down the hill? over on one of dem dare other peakletts?

I have the new headlamp like Ty's, it's not as powerful as Tina's but it will do.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

The biggest chunks of rock are south of the summit. There are a couple spots that are basically the same height, so it's the westernmost one. Found the fixed WC cam there. REALLY cool handcrack on that one!

I am jealous of your headlamp and I must follow suit!
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

It's like a playground for adults with rock fetishes. Nice stuff.
James

Post by James »

I got to see those rocks. Awesome looking. And badass car too. :)