Stealing signs

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

We know that the sign pointing to Telegraph Peak was stolen. :twisted: They also took the forest road marker about half way to the peak. :twisted: :twisted:

At least, there was a nice view from the summit looking east. San Gorgonio and San Jacinto are visible on the right.

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Dude! I looked at the full size version of that picture from telegraph - fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing a great picture.
Breabonnie

Post by Breabonnie »

This is the junction of where the sign would normally direct someone to know to head to the falls or to head to the pools toward Bear Creek or to head back up the return trip back to the parking lot at Switzer Falls. The sign was missing and there was much graffiti on other signs. I took more photos. This was taken on 8/4/2013
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Hike Up - thank you. It was clearer than usual that day. For photo buffs, the image is a 34mb pano made of 8 individual shots stitched together with Photoshop Elements 11. If anyone wants to see the full size original in the Smugmug gallery, go here:

http://richardk.smugmug.com/Nature/Tele ... &k=rq3RXW2

Breabonnie - It is sad to see this mindless vandalism. Resources for our national parks and forests have been cut to the bone. Basically, they have been left to fend for themselves.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Great shots Richard, always enjoy clean vivid photos. :D
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

Stupidity should be pianfull.......... and kudos on da pic too
Marty

Post by Marty »

Last weekend while heading up to Mt. Hawkins from Windy Gap I saw this poor looking sign post. Not sure what was once mounted to it. It does suck that people are taking these down as I usually find them helpful!

VermillionPearlGirl

Post by VermillionPearlGirl »

Recently went to Switzer for the first time in like 5 or 6 years, so heck if I remembered which way it was and ended up doing like 3 miles in Bear Canyon by accident. I mean it was fun, but that sign would have certainly have helped things....
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

I am happy to report that the forest road marker to Telegraph Peak has been replaced. Unfortunately, the sign is split horizontally and the sign post is split vertically. We pieced it back together as best we could.

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Yeah, that'll last about another week :roll:

Put em up, take em down...