Where to park in La Canada?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
VermillionPearlGirl

Post by VermillionPearlGirl »

Hey,

I'm hiking with friends this weekend and they're coming from the other side of town so it makes sense to meet up in La Canada instead of my house and then get in one car (mine, with the adventure pass) and head off to the trail. Is there somewhere good for us to meet in La Canada where they can leave their car? Are there a lot of parking restrictions in the town or can we just park their car on a side street somewhere?

I generally hike alone and don't have to deal with these logistics :)

Thanks!!

-Alison
VermillionPearlGirl

Oh, what about the turnouts on the 2 before it says "fee recreation area". Isn't there a couple of turnouts before that? Is it ok to park there?

Thanks again :)
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

There is plenty of free, safe parking on the 2 just north of the 210. The Sierra club meets and carpools from there, and it's always full of hiker-types.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

Yeah
The La Canada carpool point on Angeles Crest Highway!

http://goo.gl/axRUyF
mcphersonm80

Post by mcphersonm80 »

There's also a large Park and Ride lot off of the Lowell Ave exit, just south of the 210.
VermillionPearlGirl

Thanks so much!!

Clearly I've been living in LA proper for too long that I expect restricted parking everywhere always. I drove up the 2 this morning and noticed no parking restrictions at all in the areas you mentioned! Or hardly any in La Canada anywhere!