I hate spiders.

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Just so you know. :shock:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I love, and used to collect tarantulas. Spiders are misunderstood, and overestimated.

From Chino Hills:
Female

Male

Some from various trips up R39 to climb:

They're like hamsters, but they don't crap as much, they don't make any noise, they don't demand any attention, and they live for 25 years or so (females).
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

I hate spiders...still. I'd rather have a rock for a pet. :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Rocks require too much care. 8)
Terry Morse

Post by Terry Morse »

In 40 years of hiking in the San Gabriels, I've only seen a tarantula once. But, I've seen them in the desert about 25 times, all during the fall months.

I will take a spider that comes inside my house back outside, but a Black Widow anywhere on my property get whacked!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I grew up in the hills of Diamond Bar. We used to see tons of tarantulas (esp in the 1970's.) Tarantulas are more of a foothill and grasslands animal so one wouldn't expect to find too many in the forest.

What's with the gloves, wussy-boy? :) I used to handle them without gloves when I was a kid (and a helluva' lot more stupid.) The only way I'd handle them now is if I was wearing Depends.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Damn connection here sucks; lost my reply.

I grew up in the hills of Diamond Bar as well. Yee haw.

That was a very pissed female, as you can tell by the fangs. I didn't wanna get bitten. I don't believe there NEEDS to be a first time for everything. :lol: