help make your fearless leader official

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Hello! Johanna (cougarmagic) and I are helping to invest in Tacos future project to become a certified/legal mountain guide so he can make some income and have a job he actually likes. If youde like to help with donations, please send them here to the PAYPAL Johanna set up at Tacoguide@Gmail.com (we really really need help, we are very poor! without help this will not happen...just tryin to be honest. my family will be pitching in too, but between here and Facebook, we still need a lot of help)

even though he knows most of the things theyll be teaching, #1 he has to prove it, and #2 it comes with the Rescue course you need to be able to progress further in the future. Hes taught a lot of you guys free of charge, maybe donate a little of what you would of had to pay a pro so he too can soon overcharge you all, ha, jk,

anyway, heres the info on it. Its the Lead Guide Course he needs to get started (the 3rd one down) i know it looks like a lot, but with everyone who uses this forums help, itll be easy. even just a few buck will help a lot.
thanx in advance. (we're hoping to raise it in time for the October or november classes for this year)

Info-- http://www.climbingguidesinstitute.org/ ... ew/22/107/

and more here http://www.climbingguidesinstitute.org/ ... iew/38/82/
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

It's Torrey's idea, I just helped set up the account because it's tough to do that with limited internet in Yos.

But like many of you I've gotten a lot out of this forum over the years and feel it's a good way to show appreciation and give a little back.
everyday

Post by everyday »

...no response in 3 days.? :shock:
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

everyday wrote: ...no response in 3 days.? :shock:
Check the PayPal account. There will be at least one response.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

...no response in 3 days.?
I don't do PayPal. PM me with an address where I can send you a donation.
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

When I clicked on the "Tacoguide@Gmail.com" link, it did not take me to PayPal...it just opened a new blank email to that address. So in the body I asked how to get to the PayPal account, and never received a reply...possibly this has happened to others, and that's why the responses are sparse...

But I go along with Uncle Rico...please email an address, and I'll send a contribution...

Mike (oldcoot)
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Oh, sorry for the confusion guys. If you go to https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/make-online-payments, there you would enter tacoguide@gmail.com as the address you would make a payment to. I don't think you need your own PayPal account to do this. (But I could be wrong..)

Otherwise, it's up to Everyday to handle non-Paypal contributions in whatever way she's comfortable with.

Thank you for your generosity! (RichardK, noticed your gift - thank you very much!)
everyday

Post by everyday »

If you want to use a regular mailing adress, send to

Guide fund c/o Janice Dacey
1515 Hilo street
west covina, CA.

Thanx guys! and CM :D
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Donated! Good luck.
mcphersonm80

Post by mcphersonm80 »

Happy to contribute. This is the only website worth a damn on the entire interwebs.
everyday

Post by everyday »

:D
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Sent. Good luck, Ryan.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

A worthy cause indeed.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Thanks guys. :-)
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Just wanted to thank people who contributed to the DelRio Scholarship Fund today. Very much appreciated!

Especially felfraa, who donated several pairs of dressy, equestrian style boots featuring buckle details along the side.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Aww, he deleted the spam - now my humorous comment makes no sense!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

I laughed. :lol:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Sorry. :lol: It's spam season.
everyday

Post by everyday »

thanx to everyone whos helping! we have enough now for the deposit to reserve a spot in the classes. (the deposit is 50%) down. ill be in town ina week or so' n me 'n ryan will start figuring out stuff then. we'll update where we're at after that. :D