Merced Lake, yo nat pk

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Hello! last thursday I ran 25.9 miles out to Merced Lake and back. The high camps arnt up yet, so i had the place to myself which was really neat. Saw 4 bears. one "teenager" that i have the pics of. and a mom bear with 2 cubs-no pics, sorry..

Heres the link of my GARMIN info. (its battery is low i think, as it read i put in a 3.5 min mile at one point, i know thats wrong! lol, the distance, ele, and total time RT is correct though)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/327987342

and pix

tent frames at merced camp

Melvin! and snackums

??? sign on camp bathroom up there

Ferns!

flowers!

Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Oh No! I'm in big trouble! I only knock six times before entering the mens restroom. Great set of pics Everyday, love the bear shots.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Once again impressive ED. Nice bear pics.
everyday

Post by everyday »

I'll probably run up there again this thursday since the camps still wont be open (merced camp opens the 28th), So hopefully ill see the mom bear and her cubs and get a pic of em this time.

Im also keeping an eye out for mountain lions. But since humans murdered bout 90% of the ones that lived here im sadly not to hopeful. im always keepin an eye out in rocky, remote areas and look for prints, but no luck so far. :(
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I love the pics. Love the water, granite, and most of all, ferns. And I really love that sign.

We moved into an apartment complex in AZ once, and noticed a sign that said "No wheeled vehicles in the pool!". Makes you wonder what happened to make such a message necessary.

The trouble with tracking there is that lions have many easy places to travel without using the trails. (Slabby rock is great to walk on) Here in the San Gabriels they have to use the trails and fire roads to avoid nasty brush. Keep going where you go - ahead of the crowds - and you'll start seeing tracks.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Those is not real bears. Come back when you have real bear photos.

bant
everyday

Post by everyday »

Iz too a real beah! i seen it mooving >.<
Taco

Post by Taco »

everyday wrote: Iz too a real beah! i seen it mooving >.<
Don't use that Azusa language with me!
everyday

Post by everyday »

Thanx for the advice CM! I will leave the trail more often, and scan areas by creeks n stuff in areas i know that i never see bears! I will find one and get a pic eventually! i need sneaky-cameras like yours, maybe then ide get one.
:)