A nice relaxing S24O to Glenn Trail Camp

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Had a blast biking around West Fork this past weekend. Spent the night and enjoyed the semi-full moon evening...saw Deer, Snakes, and crap load of butterflies.

Easy and fun weekend :)

More photos on my blog: http://bit.ly/12MeBhY
palmeredhackle

Post by palmeredhackle »

No problems with your car overnight at the parking lot?? That's awesome!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

That's a great 'who's who' of ultralight tents! A couple i haven't heard of, even!
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

@palmeredhackle - No problems with my car parked at West Fork...never had any issues in the past either. Then again, when venturing here, I drive my old car and I always keep it dirty and I also make sure nothing is visible inside (chargers, papers, etc.)

@CM - I was surprised with the turnout of cottage gear myself. I have only read about some of these and it's great to see it in person. I was really impressed with the Lightheart Gear Cuben shelter...amazingly light for an almost 2P tent.
palmeredhackle

Post by palmeredhackle »

That's my strategy also! Sometimes I actually bring along some old trash with me for my car when I go up to the SGR to hike/fly fish. I've never personally had a problem, but I am in the minority of my friends.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

palmeredhackle wrote: That's my strategy also! Sometimes I actually bring along some old trash with me for my car when I go up to the SGR to hike/fly fish. I've never personally had a problem, but I am in the minority of my friends.
I also try to park on the left side of the main gate instead of the main parking lot on the right. The parking on the left is more visible on the street...perhaps that helps too, who knows?
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Nice little over-nighter mangus. How long have you had that Six Moon Designs Scout?
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Uncle Rico wrote: Nice little over-nighter mangus. How long have you had that Six Moon Designs Scout?
Thanks! I've had it since February of this year. It replaced my heavier Mountain Hardwear Lightpath 2 tent. It's a great little tent...fly and netting pitches all at once.