Pictures or posters of local mountains for sale?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
galt1905

Post by galt1905 »

Does anyone know about a place where you can get pics of various peaks or wider shots of the San Gabriel/San Bernarndino/San Jacinto Mountains? I was thinking of putting a couple of framed shots up around the walls of my office, but I can't find much out there.

Thanks in advance!
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

galt1905 wrote: Does anyone know about a place where you can get pics of various peaks or wider shots of the San Gabriel/San Bernarndino/San Jacinto Mountains? I was thinking of putting a couple of framed shots up around the walls of my office, but I can't find much out there.

Thanks in advance!
You can ask Calico Kat what he has, he's one of the hikers on all the boards that dabbles in Pro-photography and I'm sure he'd be reasonable on prices.

http://calicokat.smugmug.com/ Photos of all types can be viewed here.

If you need to contact him, just post here or I'll reach out to him and get his number so leave me a message

:D
galt1905

Post by galt1905 »

Incoming PM lilbitmo...

I'm certainly still interested in the works of others if anyone knows of any! You can PM me or leave a comment here. I suspect others may be interested in seeing it, so here may be best
Breabonnie

Post by Breabonnie »

I have taken photos on many of my hikes since that is a new hobby of mine. Being a former professional wedding videographer, I do frame photos well, but if they are the quality or style you would like I guess its up to you. I love many of my photos. I have photos of Sturtevant Falls area, Mt Baldy, Switzer falls area, West Fork's paved trail, Devil's punchbowl and chair hikes, Crystal Lake area...so I have a variety...Mostly autumn and spring (my two favorite times of year.) What size were you looking to hang up?

Mine are not exactly really far away views for the most part so if you merely wanted to feature long shots/wide shots of several peaks...were you thinking from above (on a peak) or from city below looking at peak? I don't know that I would have exactly what you are looking for, but now that I am retired and a care giver for my daughter with muscular dystrophy, I would enjoy selling anything you might like for a reasonable donation.
galt1905

Post by galt1905 »

Breabonnie wrote: I have taken photos on many of my hikes since that is a new hobby of mine. Being a former professional wedding videographer, I do frame photos well, but if they are the quality or style you would like I guess its up to you. I love many of my photos. I have photos of Sturtevant Falls area, Mt Baldy, Switzer falls area, West Fork's paved trail, Devil's punchbowl and chair hikes, Crystal Lake area...so I have a variety...Mostly autumn and spring (my two favorite times of year.) What size were you looking to hang up?

Mine are not exactly really far away views for the most part so if you merely wanted to feature long shots/wide shots of several peaks...were you thinking from above (on a peak) or from city below looking at peak? I don't know that I would have exactly what you are looking for, but now that I am retired and a care giver for my daughter with muscular dystrophy, I would enjoy selling anything you might like for a reasonable donation.
Thanks for getting in touch. I currently have a shot of Half Dome, J. Tree NP, and some lake from northern CA I've never been to. I really haven't given too much thought to what I'd like other than something that I actually frequent and enjoy. Shots from the peaks, of the peaks, shots in between, I think I'll have to see it to know.

I think I'd like something 18x24"-ish, give or take 6". Whatever's fair market value, I'd be happy to give you & your daughter, or a charity of your choice that works to fight and ease the discomfort of muscle dystrophy.

Do you have a webpage of some sort to share? Perhaps I could share my email for you to attach, say, 5 of your favorites from the local ranges (San Gab, Bernardino, and/or Jacinto)? I'll send a PM...
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

They might have some Roy Murphy posters at Adams' Pack Station. There were at least three of his photos turned into posters: Sturtevant Falls, West Fork and Pine Mountain. Email Deb Burgess, owner of the pack station, at [url="mailto:dburgess@adamspackstation.com"]dburgess@adamspackstation.com to ask about them. If she doesn't have any on hand, she might be able to get some from the man who publishes the John Robinson books on the San Gabriels, if he has any left.

Or if you want to dismantle a used copy of Murphy's book...
http://ws-na.assoc-amazon.com/widgets/cm?l=as1&f=ifr&o=1&t=tapatalk02-20&asins=0961542101
galt1905

Post by galt1905 »

Thanks so much, Greg. I reached out to Deb @Adams re the posters.

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to send this to me.