Litter, Trail Cutting and other things that blow my mind

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Sounds like a win-win with no downsides HJ!
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

i wish the forest service had the resources to catch taggers like the oxnard pd was able to do:

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2013/apr/25/ ... -graffiti/

25 felonies :shock:

1705 total :shock: :shock:

no further details released yet.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

One would think it would be easy since these dumb-asses advertise on facebook and other internet sites. I would assume that an investigation of a tagger that is posting content online and bragging about it would be an easy slam dunk for the authorities.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

I see a ton of tissue on the trails near my house. These are not trails that are far from civilization mind you. They are immediately adjacent to residential neighborhoods and development. Snot rags? Sweat rags? Pee rags? Make-up removers? Wtf? :?
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Uncle Rico wrote: Snot rags? Sweat rags? Pee rags?
You forgot one...
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Blew my mind last week when I was at the John Muir Trail / Main Whitney Trail junction picking up my backpack (TR coming...) and saw a dog coming down the trail towards me! The guy I was talking to asked "is that kosher?". I said no, not in the National Park (at that point of the trail hikers are in Sequoia NP boundaries). I mentioned that to the dog owner, and he said, "yeah, I saw the sign up there". Yet they kept on going towards the Whitney summit. And the dog, a big black Lab, was not on a leash...
He told some others around there that she doesn't bite. Actually I've never heard anyone walk around saying their dog does.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

tracker

Post by tracker »

Gawd, I can watch that clip over and over and laugh every time. :D
How come dog owners can't hear their dogs bark, pick up their neighborhood deposits, or admit that the animals may not be friendly with people and other dogs they may encounter?
Teejate

Post by Teejate »

davantalus wrote: I don't pick up a whole lot of trash, but I do take pride in bringing back every reflective nylon balloon I come across in canyons.
You nailed it! I do the same thing. I've seen those things in the most remote areas and every time I have to take a second to consider the thought process of whoever let it go. Never come up with any answer other than 'stupid.'