Devil Gulch

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
m14m1a

Post by m14m1a »

Does anybody have any info on how to get above the falls here. Ive tried to look it up online and keep getting refered to devils canyon, instead of referring me to the gulch downstream from the bridge to nowhere. There are ropes in place, but the rock is fragile there. I know that some people have rapped down, but I would like to hear from someone who has been past the falls, Id love to know what is up there.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

m14m1a wrote: Id love to know what is up there.
I think there are some trees, a bridge, and this monument:

m14m1a

Post by m14m1a »

Wrong gulch. Im talking about Devil Gulch.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Off Rattlesnake, right?

My buddy has been in there. I don't know if it's technical or not. I've looked into it but never got around to going down it.
m14m1a

Post by m14m1a »

Thats the one. The lower falls would be technical, but Id like to know what is above there. Any pictures would be appreciated.
Zach

Post by Zach »

I inadvertently entered devil's gulch once and I can tell you this canyon will leave you questioning your sanity, itchy, and tore up... literally, my hands and legs looked like I had put them in a blender. As this was an unexpected adventure I can confirm that the canyon does indeed cliff out in a (sometimes dry) waterfall and that without ropes you can climb some sketchy loose San Gabriel choss to traverse into rattlesnake canyon... which is nontechnical but somehow even more densely clusterfucked than devil's gulch. Advice: not worth it... stay away