2013 late spring/summer trailruns. yosemite -mammoth

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Hey! ,If theres any trailrunners still on here im going to do some runs from Tuolumne Meadows to Mammoth late spring/summer once the snow clears, Thats an easy one, only 30 miles. but with a few neat mtns to go up n over on the way....so still a little challenging. After doing it 2x that way, so i get to know the trail without being so tired i make a mistake, haha, I will then do it from the Valley here. probly on a long day in mid summer. From the Valley its 52 miles. ANYwho...if you guys have any interest, lemme know.

. These arnt multi-day hikes though!! theyre trailruns. i plan on knocking out the 30 in 8 hours max. and the 52 in a day (a daytime day, not 24hrs, more like 12- 14....hopefully! it took me 15.5 hrs to do the Grand Canyon R2R2R, thats only 42, but there were snowstorms n shite...i dont plan on blizzards here in july! :) so ya. i have no deets right now, or dates. but if anyone shows any interest ill try to get my shit together in oh...say, February-ish... Ok, thats all, have a nice day

Longcut n NOMAN, I can get you guys in the park fo free . If no one wantsta come, ill go alone n post pix :)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Sounds intense!

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

yeah, its pretty fun running here. ive gone to Sunrise camp n back twice already, thats 32 roundtrip. Its easier here than the canyon though, cause there, to get home, you have to do all that UP-ness. here to get home, you go down ...much nicer imo :D
longcut

Post by longcut »

Hey everyday! what's up! looks like youre having a good time discovering all the trails up there. I will be watching this thread, running that 50 miler would be fun. It's a bit of a drive so things would have to line up right. I'll tell Craig about it too.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Sweet. Since i live here at the trailhead, again, Im pretty flexable on when to go. so, if you guys can come, i can easily work around whenevers good for you all, as anyday is good for me. And i have plenty of friends here who can pick us up in mammoth n take us back to the Valley, theres also the YARTS bus
. Theres a couple other trailrunners here too, Ima see if they wanna come. Theres another really good girl here too, she knocks out 50s n 100s like its nothin. shes f*kn fast too.

anywho, its still really far away, so we'lll see.