Third Stream Crossing 6/23/2012

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Had the chance to join other backpackers this past weekend to hike to the 3rd Stream Crossing campground. Had a great time and was able to find the falls nearby.

More pics on my blog - http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com/2012 ... -fork.html
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Looks like nice stuff.

Yeah, I saw some of this stuff last time I was out there too:

Irresponsible in my opinion in a regularly travelled area. Do that stuff way out in the boonies.

HJ
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

I was actually surprised that the area was clean and free from tagging and trash past the Cucamonga Wilderness sign. It is by far, one of the cleanest places I've explored in a while...I didn't have to carry an extra load of trash on my pack on the hike out :D
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

looks like a good time out!
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

yobtaf wrote: looks like a good time out!
It was, but I just wished that my legs were in better shape because I wanted to go to the Icehouse Saddle but for some reason the short 2.3 miles got to me...must be my smoking habit :oops:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

mangus7175 wrote:
It was, but I just wished that my legs were in better shape because I wanted to go to the Icehouse Saddle but for some reason the short 2.3 miles got to me...must be my smoking habit :oops:
The pull up to Icehouse from Comanche is pretty tough if you're carrying full gear. Nice hike though and not too often done. You'll seldom see others on that stretch of trail.

HJ
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

mangus7175 wrote:
kick the habit! its been 7 years for me, took about 15 times before it kicked in. 8) gewcandewit!