Searching for Davis Canyon & waterfall info

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

I've run across a single mention of a waterfall in Davis Canyon in the area of Kinneloa Mesa area of Altadena. Any info on this canyon/falls...is it also known as Hasting's or Pasadena Glen Cyns.?

A random pdf I found.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

HikeUp wrote: I've run across a single mention of a waterfall in Davis Canyon in the area of Kinneloa Mesa area of Altadena. Any info on this canyon/falls...is it also known as Hasting's or Pasadena Glen Cyns.?

A random pdf I found.
The waterfall in the blog is Pasadena Glen Falls....its one of those places that is anti-visitor and you have to trespass on the water district's property for a few minutes.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Thanks sir. I figured it was Pasadena Glen but wasn't sure. How far up canyon from the bottom is it?
AW~

Post by AW~ »

HikeUp wrote: Thanks sir. I figured it was Pasadena Glen but wasn't sure. How far up canyon from the bottom is it?
Brennan lists it as 50 yards....its a very quick hike regardless, no more than 5 minutes. I parked at the very end of the private road, where there were no signs saying not to park there. Parking anywhere else drives up the hiking time quite a bit.

Check out this one where the group brought in a ladder(goes to show you how close it is that someone would be carrying a ladder).
http://www.lagoldmines.com/index.php?page=469323.txt
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Just do the whole canyon from the top! It's wonderful! It's so great, no canyoneers like to even talk about it.

:twisted: :roll:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

:) Who gets to carry the ladder?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

cougarmagic wrote: Just do the whole canyon from the top! It's wonderful! It's so great, no canyoneers like to even talk about it.

:twisted: :roll:
I'LL BITE! IT SOUNDS EXCITING AND PROBABLY SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DESCRIBED AS "FUN", WHATEVER THE HELL THAT IS!
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

the legal description has it within SW¼SE¼ Section 6 Township 1 North Range 11 West

This explains to me the purpose of the Old Road Grade from Henninger Flats

The black box is the approximate boundary

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

mattmaxon wrote: This explains to me the purpose of the Old Road Grade from Henninger Flats
Good point Matt. I've always wondered "where" that road went or was meant to go.