"Living With Mountain Lions" presentation 5/14 in

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Not spam-o-rama - this is a great presentation, especially for those of you who live in "wildland/urban interfaces" (which is quite a lot of people around here!). Zara knows her stuff, is a great speaker, and has some amazing photos and video to show. I'll be there, and hope to see some of you. It's FREE. And only takes an hour and a half. Q&A will follow.

"California-based and globally-working wild cat conservationist Zara McDonald, Founder and Executive Director of the Felidae Conservation Fund, gives an engaging and inspiring presentation about mountain lions and the work currently underway to study and protect them. These keystone predators (also called pumas and cougars) play a critical role in maintaining the health and biodiversity of our ecosystems. However, expansion of human populations is causing increasing encounters and conflicts between humans and pumas, and growing tensions in our local communities. Zara shares stories from her extensive field research work and provides a compelling view of the natural grace and beauty of these animals, delves into the biological and ecological science that is working for their preservation, and offers essential tips for living and recreating without fear in puma habitat. Zara will also discuss steps being taken in other regions to improve response protocols to mountain lion incidents in residential neighborhoods, communities and towns.

Monday, May 14th, 7pm
North Valley City Hall
7747 Foothill Blvd , Tujunga

Sponsored by the STNC, the FTDNC, the STA, and Teranga Ranch"
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Cool... I think I can make it!
Vermenton

Post by Vermenton »

How long is the presentation?
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

How long is the presentation?
About an hour and a half.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Hey CM, Thank you for posting the meeting info. It was an excellent show and I learned a lot. It was a pleasure meeting you, too!