Orchard Camp ''N.Y. Dragon'' Feast

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

The magic "Korean" bus, brought all these nice people to Mount Wilson Trl at the OC to partake on a -New Years- hike and feast. Lots of cool stuff was cooking on a mysterious stove for me; thus I call on the grand stove master H. J. to enlighten us about this set up. The people looked like they were enjoying the food, which for me I thought the cooking set up was ok. They gracefully offered me to sample the food and I did try some cool rice noodles eaten for the new year. Since I had to go on, I did not partake any spicy delicacies that they offered me , which I like. Not wanting to get a heartburn special from the up hill trek to the top. For me, I think the Koreans are the masters at having a wonderful group hike and a culinary enjoyment in the forest!!!... 666

THE NEW YEAR ORCHARD CAMP BANQUET

RED DRAGON SPECIAL N.Y. SOUP

H.J. ID, REVIEW, RATE , THE STOVE"
MORE PICS
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

666-The Beast wrote: H.J. ID, REVIEW, RATE , THE STOVE"
MORE PICS
Whoa! Looks like I've been falling down on the job in terms of my Stove Droid duties. Missed this one.

Well, the link doesn't work, so I've only got one photo to go on. That's a copy, possibly Chinese in origin, of a MSR Pocket Rocket. Looks like it works, but I can't say too much more than that without seeing it.

I'm a little wary around "no name" stoves. There have been some problems, particularly with remote canister and liquid fueled stoves. I simply would not buy a "no name" liquid fueled stove.

An ordinary upright canister stove (like the one in the photo) might be OK for casual day hikes, but I would never depend on a "knock off" on any trip where it mattered.

Stove droid out.

HJ