Overnight somewhere around West Fork

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Had an overnight with some folks over at West Fork this weekend. Had a great time and some even caught some nice trout.

More pics....http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com/2012 ... -fork.html
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Here's a video shot by the guy who planned the get together. Check out his channel, he has some great trip vids in and around the ANF and SGM.

http://youtu.be/kW0zX4Z3aQQ
MidnightRider

Post by MidnightRider »

Hey, I know some of those guys.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

MidnightRider wrote: Hey, I know some of those guys.
Nice. It was an open invite on YT and I figured it would be fun and it was.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Is a "7175" a second visit to the pyche ward, after you've had your 5150?

They give you 20% more attention and 25% more sedation?

After some of the adventures that this group has done, I may be interested in one of those :shock: :D seeing how the 5150 didn't work :wink: :roll:
MidnightRider

Post by MidnightRider »

yeah, it was a fun trip. We gotta do it again soon. Nice meeting you again.
Sewellymon

Post by Sewellymon »

Mangus- saw you packing up in the parking lot that Sat AM .. me and fiance rode up West Fork to Glen Camp. Ranger told me they found a big pot plantation up Bear Canyon 2 months ago. Busted 2 Mexican nationals, too. Was only 40 yards off the trail. Darwin award for those guys. But scary, too. Imagine walking into their pot farm? Maybe never find your body...
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Sewellymon wrote: Mangus- saw you packing up in the parking lot that Sat AM .. me and fiance rode up West Fork to Glen Camp. Ranger told me they found a big pot plantation up Bear Canyon 2 months ago. Busted 2 Mexican nationals, too. Was only 40 yards off the trail. Darwin award for those guys. But scary, too. Imagine walking into their pot farm? Maybe never find your body...
Pretty sad that people have to be on their toes out there in our backyard. Be careful out there, folks.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Sewellymon wrote: Mangus- saw you packing up in the parking lot that Sat AM .. me and fiance rode up West Fork to Glen Camp. Ranger told me they found a big pot plantation up Bear Canyon 2 months ago. Busted 2 Mexican nationals, too. Was only 40 yards off the trail. Darwin award for those guys. But scary, too. Imagine walking into their pot farm? Maybe never find your body...
WOW! That is scary...glad our group didn't come across that. How's Glen Camp? I took my daughter there last year and she enjoyed the bike ride to that campground...need to go back there again.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Taco wrote:
Pretty sad that people have to be on their toes out there in our backyard. Be careful out there, folks.
As much as I don't like carrying when backpacking, I may need to start doing so sadly.
Sewellymon

Post by Sewellymon »

Glen Camp is nice enough. A sweet casual road bike ride.