The Verdugo Cattery

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I don't know what to say at this point. Matt thinks they're screwing with me now - walking back around, behind the camera, then walking by again just to mess with my head. I'm inclined to believe it.

No Jughead sighting this time. Just the rest of the fam:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

In the words of the immortal Gomer Pyle: "Golllly!"

Wow! Nice film, CM!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Thanks Mike! Your hunch was right all along, that something else was going on up there.

I believe you said "Something doesn't add up" - apropos, Math Rambo! :lol:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

cougarmagic wrote: Thanks Mike! Your hunch was right all along, that something else was going on up there.
It is amazing that there are so many cats up there. It's already too crowded! I hope they'll be OK.
cougarmagic wrote: I believe you said "Something doesn't add up" - apropos, Math Rambo! :lol:
Unintentional foreshadowing on my part... :D :D :D
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

Does the camera have a green light on it?
If so, they are sailor kitties and following the rules of the sea "Red, Right, Returning"
greg_fs

Post by greg_fs »

Can the Verdugo mountains really support that many cats? How long until one or more are forced to leave? I'm wondering if any will make it east to the San Rafael Hills - when you're on top of them, the Verdugo mountains don't look that far, but it really is a number of miles through a city.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

No, it can't support that many, "full time". In fact, we haven't seen this set of three again since December.

They have access to the San Gabriels. Not sure how easy it is, but apparently easy enough. These guys are likely to be studied in the near future to find out how it all works, and how they're genetically related to other populations in SoCal.

I think it's pretty interesting that I've never (ever!) gotten a coyote on camera in the Verdugos. So maybe these lions aren't just sticking to mule deer for their diet.