Tonto trail

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
everyday

Post by everyday »

This is a 4 mile stretch of the Tonto west trail, Its cruzes along at about 3000ft el. and connects the South Kaibab trail to the Bright Angel trail and goes across Pipe creek canyon. Yesterday was my first time on it, its nice, and not a single other person was on it :D

Pipe creek canyon

The red line is my route yesterday, Startin at the Kaibab trailhead on the bottom righthand side there, then across Tonto n up bright angel, total 12 miles, about 4 each section. I live there in the lil Grand Canyon villiage pictured in the map, so im only a 10 minute walk from my front door to the Canyon

longcut

Post by longcut »

thanks for posting, everyday. that second pic especially, love trails like that. you're lucky to be so close.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Great shots Torrey, keep them coming :D

There's a bunch of us that love to see the maps as well, it helps visualize exactly where you went and allows others to plan trips.

We appreciate the effort you put into this - thanks.

Lilbitmo :D
Taco

Post by Taco »

You gots that there hand holdy bottle!
everyday

Post by everyday »

@ longcut :)

@ Lilbitmo- ya, since i realized now you guys like maps n stuff, Ill try to always find one to post. thanx :D

@ Taco-YUS! I love my hand holdy waterbottles! I keep bigger ones that dont have handles in mah pack and just use em to refill the lil one :D
Dave G

Post by Dave G »

Nice! :D With all the bitchen scenery to look at, I'd prolly have gnarfed up knees from falling all the time if I ran those trails. :oops:
everyday

Post by everyday »

LOL, yeah. Ive fallen a couple times, I learned real fast to STOP! moving my feet BEFORE I look around at the scenery

*note, I wasnt as alone as I thought, I heard last night that someone, some 23 yr old, fell or jumped off Yaki point and landed down on my trail at the same time I was there, i musta run right past the body. Kaibab tr. is on that ridge and was icy and pretty scetchy when i came down...anywho- they recovered him sometime after ide passed, though I do recall seeing a helo flyin around when i was down there I did not see any sign of death (vultures/ravens/blood on the ice..). Link--not much info-

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/lo ... -1-12-2012