The New MSR MicroRocket -- Cooking Report

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I've been testing the new MSR MicroRocket stove just to see what it will and will not do. I wanted to see if it could do things beyond the basics, so...

The above omelet was prepared on an MSR MicroRocket this morning. I've got a full report on my blog: The New MSR MicroRocket -- Cooking Report. Have a look if you like.

HJ
Taco

Post by Taco »

Hey Jim, can I help your reviews by eating whatever you cook?
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

HJ, if I bring you some cooking ingredients for you to practice your culinary skills, can I go in front of the tasting line? There seems to be a high demand of hungry participants willing to taste your culinary creations!!! Keep on coooooooking!!! 666-the hungry Beast
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Sure, guys, no problem. I think I'm preparing haggis next. :lol:

HJ
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Taco wrote: Hey Jim, can I help your reviews by eating whatever you cook?
We have a prejudiced tasting reviewer here! Get off the tasting line! According to the culinary judging experts of all time-le French, you should not eat everything in sight, you need to restrain your pig-out hunger and develop a refined snobby-picky-eaty- don't like everything- style.
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Hikin_Jim wrote: Sure, guys, no problem. I think I'm preparing haggis next. :lol:

HJ

HJ, you said you were kicking it up a notch! baaaam!!!
we want you to prepare the San Gabes roadkill haggis! we will be able to collect a variety of road kill specimens for ya, but I am going in the end of the tasting line for this one. The survivalists will get in front of the line to try this one out!!! Enjoy....
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Actually, the above is a very clever photo shop. That's actually one of my socks after a week on the trail. :lol: :wink:

It was a thinly veiled attempt to get more people to hike with me. Seems to be working. :wink:

HJ